Guitar Hero Live

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
i just picked it up this week, and the new 2x3 button configuration is fukking hard as hell. I'm an expert in Rock Band, but this new shyt is :whew:

Got me playing on easy. I like the new challenge though. At least Guitar Hero tried something new. Rock Band 4 is simply more of the same.

Anybody else get Guitar Hero Live?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i just picked it up this week, and the new 2x3 button configuration is fukking hard as hell. I'm an expert in Rock Band, but this new shyt is :whew:

Got me playing on easy. I like the new challenge though. At least Guitar Hero tried something new. Rock Band 4 is simply more of the same.

Anybody else get Guitar Hero Live?
Is this a real guitar? or still a controller?

Why wouldn't you just cop Rocksmith and actually learn to play guitar? Which you could do more with than the hobby of just playing the game? It's weird to me to see people that are experts on the game having spent 100's of hours on it, but don't know how to play guitar in real life.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Is this a real guitar? or still a controller?

Why wouldn't you just cop Rocksmith and actually learn to play guitar? Which you could do more with than the hobby of just playing the game? It's weird to me to see people that are experts on the game having spent 100's of hours on it, but don't know how to play guitar in real life.
It's got 6 buttons. 3 on the top and 3 right below them. I love rhythm games, and these are really fun to just zone out to. They're really just piano games the way you play them (I play the piano), so I just have fun.

I'm not trying to learn the real guitar. It doesn't work with my mind.

These games are just mindless fun with rhythm. That's why I love them. :manny:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's got 6 buttons. 3 on the top and 3 right below them. I love rhythm games, and these are really fun to just zone out to. They're really just piano games the way you play them (I play the piano), so I just have fun.

I'm not trying to learn the real guitar. It doesn't work with my mind.

These games are just mindless fun with rhythm. That's why I love them. :manny:

I think they are cool. Especially for arcade settings, meaning its extremely annoying when you go to someones house and they have a guitar then someone picks it up and starts playing or they ask you to play- but in those young house party settings where guitar hero/rock band was in one room, beer pong was in another, people dancing in another, people smokin--you would be engaged or watch others be engaged in the game and not have to worry about hearing douchey shytty songs.

I hope they come out with a new rocksmith- i have a couple guitars and its cools to plug in the usb amp cord and play along to some tunes.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I actually like the new Guitar in the new Guitar Hero, my problem is the way they set up concert structure and they DLC model is kind of weird too, which is a shame because had they kept it the old way, it would be far superior to Rock Band.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I actually like the new Guitar in the new Guitar Hero, my problem is the way they set up concert structure and they DLC model is kind of weird too, which is a shame because had they kept it the old way, it would be far superior to Rock Band.
Agreed. Ghtv is cool with the music videos though. Too bad you rent songs and it's all streaming and you don't know what you're gonna get

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Agreed. Ghtv is cool with the music videos though. Too bad you rent songs and it's all streaming and you don't know what you're gonna get

I wouldn't have been against the idea of an ITunes type service where you get a subscription and get all the songs you want. Even if it was an extra 7-10 dollars a month.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What?

You don't keep the songs?

You can't play any song you want?
Nah, you rent them if you want to play the song you want that's not on the disc or you wait for it to show up in ghtv (the streaming music service they have for their dlc)