GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 3 Confirmed, James Gunn May Not Direct

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
149653.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 hasn't even hit theaters yet, but director James Gunn has confirmed that he and Marvel Studios are already discussing a potential third installment. Check it out.

Analysts are already predicting that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is going to do mega box office when it opens in April, and if projections turn out to be accurate, it could well go on to become one of the most profitable comic book films of all time. Taking that into account, it's probably not too surprising that Marvel Studios and director James Gunn are already talking about a third volume.

During an interview with Complex, Gunn confirmed that there will indeed be a GOTG 3 at some point, but also suggested that his involvement is not a guarantee.

There will be a Guardians 3, that's for sure. We're trying to figure it out. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do really, that's all it is. I got to figure out where I want to be, what I want to spend the next three years of my life doing. You know, I'm going to make another big movie; is it the Guardians or something else? I'm just going to figure it out over the next couple of weeks.
It sounds like Gunn has some thinking to do - but if Vol. 2 does as well as it's expected to, you know Marvel is going to do everything they can to convince the filmmaker to stay on board for another adventure with the intergalactic A-holes.

You can check out an international Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 TV spot below, which is introduced by Chris Pratt. It doesn't contain anything we haven't seen in previous spots, but still worth a watch.

James Gunn Says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 3 Will Happen "For Sure", But He May Not Direct It

Daps
The guy puts EVERYTHING into Guardians. The franchise is almost a dead horse without him. AND he's all up in Infinity War making sure they do the Guardians right.