GTA VI RUMOR & NEWS THREAD

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
Yeah idk about all that, their track record for the past decade says they're content with doing the bare minimum as long as they profit. Abandoning DLC, half ass remakes/remasters, etc.

RDR2 was the exception and the brains behind that game are no longer working there.
I just loaded up RDR2 for the first time in 2 years…this shyt is fukking AMAZING in 2023.

Daps
Rockstar's problem is two-fold: can GTA6 top GTA5 and....what happens to the GTA5 money when a new game comes out?

Let's say GTA6 is really good. People are going to migrate to that but there may be some lag before folks get fully roped into the online stuff for GTA6. If you are making almost $1 billion/year, that's tough to give up.

I'd expect the new game to have MUCH better graphics, controls, details etc. Once fans get used to that, they're not gonna want to come back. YET....there's no guarantee the new game will have as many people dumping money into it. Maybe they will but...who knows.

Look at CD Projekt and how much love they got for Witcher 3. Cyberpunk damn near took them out the game until they scrambled and course corrected.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Rockstar's problem is two-fold: can GTA6 top GTA5 and....what happens to the GTA5 money when a new game comes out?

Let's say GTA6 is really good. People are going to migrate to that but there may be some lag before folks get fully roped into the online stuff for GTA6. If you are making almost $1 billion/year, that's tough to give up.

I'd expect the new game to have MUCH better graphics, controls, details etc. Once fans get used to that, they're not gonna want to come back. YET....there's no guarantee the new game will have as many people dumping money into it. Maybe they will but...who knows.

Look at CD Projekt and how much love they got for Witcher 3. Cyberpunk damn near took them out the game until they scrambled and course corrected.

Thats what every massive online game has to go through. People still play FFXI and stuff though so i assume the old GTA5 online will continue to be active for another couple of decades even if this one blows up.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Imagine what year GTA 7 is coming out.:mjlol:
We might not see that until 2040.:picard:

Yeah they keep pushing the envelope they have to be careful cause this shyt is reaching Dr. Dre Detox status

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

This still doesn't make any sense to me...

If 500 million people are on GTA 5 and then GTA 6 releases..... Lets say half leave to GTA 6, wouldn't the other half still be on GTA 5? Isn't that the same money? In fact, GTA 6 should generate even more because all those people have to start over and buy everything again in this new game.. Plus they have to buy the new game..

And if it flops somehow, all those same people will stay/go back to GTA 5 anyway so what was missed?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
giphy.gif