GTA VI RUMOR & NEWS THREAD

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
People always talk shyt about the next rockstar game but once rockstar post that logo change and starts teasing shyt then people get all hyped, internet crashes etc. nothing beats a rockstar games hype cycle for their next release
:comeon:

Daps
I don't really care what it's set in anymore. I just want the same features and interactive world I saw in GTA 4 and San Andreas.

Like I was playing GTA 5 and I ran these guys over and the ambulance just popped out of nowhere, stared at the corpses for a few seconds, and walked away (they couldn't drive away because someone stole their car)
On GTA 4 I called the ambulance and they revived one guy and put the other guy in their truck and drove away.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Reddit User GTA_VI_Leak has been posting stuff for months apparently :ohhh:

I think all of this might be legit...everything they posted is in depth

GTA VI - FAQ​

spoiler
For a long time, I’ve stated I won’t answer questions that have been asked frequently, especially if I’ve gone into great detail on it in the past. However, new people are stumbling across my page all the time, and it’s clear not everybody that does so wants to spend hours reading through all my posts and comments to find the answer to the questions. Therefore, I’ve compiled some of the most frequently asked questions and answered them here in one convenient location.
WARNING: Nothing on this post is spoiler tagged. View at your own discretion.
What is the next instalment in the GTA franchise called? Grand Theft Auto VI.
When will the game release? Last I was aware, release was planned for October 2023. Possibly delayed until 2024.
Will GTA VI release on PC the same time as console? No. PC release is currently planned for March 2025, but subject to change.
Do you work for Rockstar? No. I work for a third party marketing company.
Will there be a female protagonist? Yes.
How many characters are there? Three, plus two DLC characters.
What are the characters called? The three main characters are called Kacey, Rose and Ricardo. The two DLC characters are called Tony and Ramón.
Will Vice City be exactly like it was in GTA VC? No. It’s far bigger, and is a modernized version of the city. Some areas will be familiar, but it isn’t an inch for inch replica. A similar thing could be said for the other cities.
Will manual transmission cars feature? No.
Will gore and dismemberment feature? Yes, mild gore will feature. Similar to RDR2 but more exaggerated.
How long is the story? Around 80 hours.
Do you know anything about other games Rockstar is working on? No. I only know about GTA VI.
Are delays intentional? I can’t comment on their other titles because I just don’t know. As for VI, we have discussed the idea of intentionally delaying the game.
Have you seen the logo? No. I’ve seen what was clearly an early version of it that they presented to us. It was a pink/purple ‘VI’ with a palm tree in it. I don’t believe it to be the logo you will see in trailers or at launch.
Will GTA VI be online only? No.
Do Rockstar just care about VI’s online? No. Single player is Rockstar’s main priority.
What do you know about online? Practically nothing. I only work with the single player.
What are the character’s ethnicities and where are they from? Rose and Kacey and white Americans. Ricardo is Columbian. Rose lives in Vice City. Kacey is from Carcer City.
When is the game set? In 2023.
How much better are the graphics? The difference between RDR2’s graphics and GTA VI’s graphics is about the same as the difference between RDR2’s graphics and GTA V’a graphics (initial release - PS3/X360). I’ve gone into more detail describing exactly what I’ve seen in the past, but this is the most simple answer I can offer. The difference is rather substantial, and what I’ve seen is by no means the final product.
What is the wanted system like? I have a post detailing the new wanted system here.
Is your account and your posts actually part of Rockstar’s marketing campaign to build up hype and tease information? It’s a good theory, but no.
Did you predict El Rubio appearing in GTAO? No. It’s been exaggerated a bit. I described a character in GTA VI that is extremely similar to El Rubio (not by name) and said that Rockstar is slowly connecting GTAO with VI - characters from VI will start to appear in O, GTAO updates will start to set the groundworks for VI, etc. Yes, I believe El Rubio is that character. But no, I did not mention El Rubio by name. So I suppose it’s a half truth that I “predicted” El Rubio.
Did you predict GTAO’s ‘The Contract’ Update? I see a lot of people mentioning this fact in reply to people accusing me of fabricating my information. It is, however, another half truth. I did state Dr. Dre was working with Rockstar. I did state he will have music in the game. I did, again, state the VI and O are slowly connecting. But it’s a bit of an exaggeration to claim that I “predicted” The Contract update. I didn’t. Dre’s involvement with Rockstar absolutely. Dre’s music featuring yes. But to claim at my defence, though I appreciate it, that I ‘predicted’ The Contract update is a bit of a stretch.
Okay, so you predicted Dr. Dre and an El Rubio like character, but who else can we expect to see in future GTAO updates? Karl Von Crastenburg.
Is the tone darker like GTA IV or more goofy like GTA V? The tone of the game is extremely dark. Darker even that IV.
Does tackling return from RDR2? Yes.
Will we get to play as a cop? Yes. Rose is a member of the Vice City Police Department.
Can Rose arrest people? Yes.
Can Rose call for backup? Yes.
Is there incentive for arresting criminals as Rose? Yes. Rose’s department has a budget that you can spend on hiring officers, weapons and equipment, vehicles, etc. Arresting criminals adds funds to the budget.
What happens if Rose goes on a rampage? In GTA VI, there are various relationship dynamics the player must maintain. For example, if Ricardo has a poor relationship with the Vagos, they may disrupt his activities or send hit squads after him. The same is true for Rose, but with the additional relationship to manage; public perception. If the public doesn’t trust Rose, they will not cooperate, which can make some missions and side activities incredibly challenging. Any action of brutality from Rose will decrease the public’s trust in her.
Will you be able to carry unlimited weapons like V, or be restricted like in RDR2? I’ve heard conflicting information. I’m leaning towards limited weapon selection (character’s signature sidearm, additional sidearm and a two handed weapon)
Will GTA VI be revolutionary? Yes.
Is the pace faster or slower than GTA V? Definitely slower.
Have you played the game? Unfortunately not.
Will we have to refuel our cars? Yes.
Is ChiSpy based on TikTok? Yes.
GTA VI sounds pretty slow, will it be fun? I guess it’s subjective. If you really enjoy the fast paced chaos of V and hate slower paced gameplay, you may be disappointed in the gameplay. If you enjoy slower paced and more tactical gameplay, it’ll be exactly what you want. Regardless, it’ll be a groundbreaking game that’ll be breathtaking and incredibly impressive.
Will police stop you for speeding? Yes. If police see you, they will try and stop you. Some pedestrians may call the police. And some cameras may report you. However, fleeing the scene will not be an issue if you’re travelling at speed. I think it’ll be a good compromise between those looking for realism and those looking for consequence free mayhem.
Will cars be capped at 120mph again? No. Cars have realistic speeds. However (and this lays itself to the previous FAQ as well), dense urban areas are extremely traffic heavy, especially in Liberty City. Finding somewhere that’s not a track where you’ll be able to reach insane speeds in the cities will be challenging.
Is there a speed limiter we can toggle like in Mafia II to make sticking to speed limits easier? No.
Why is the PC release delayed? Three main reasons. Firstly, despite what others have tried to argue, the game isn’t designed with PC at the forefront. It’s primarily designed for console. Ensuring it works smoothly on PC to the same standard as console just will not be possible within the deadlines. I, as do Rockstar, completely understand the fans’ frustration at how long their games take to develop, but the simple fact is when the game releases, it will be released to an excellent standard. We all want to avoid a Cyberpunk situation. Secondly, to help keep the mystery alive and stop people being easily able to search through the code. The third reason is increased sales traffic. Probably not what a lot of people want to hear, but the truth of it is this is also a consideration
Is GTAO shark card sales the reason GTA VI is taking so long and why Rockstar isn’t releasing other games? Absolutely not. I’m sure it takes some time away from VI and other projects to update GTAO, but they’re not taking their time because GTAO is making a lot of money. They just take a long time to make. GTA VI is a huge game unlikely anything we’ve ever seen. Rockstar just simply cannot make it (and especially to the standard they want) quickly.
Can you drive from Liberty City to Vice City? No. The map is split in two; the North and the South. The North comprises of Liberty City, Carcer City and the surrounding areas. The South consists of Vice City, the small town of Cottonmouth and the South American islands. If you attempt to travel between the two, it will use the ‘zoom’ mechanic.
What is the ‘zoom’ mechanic? Whenever you switch characters or attempt to travel between the North and South, the game will ‘zoom’ you. It rapidly zips through the streets until it gets where it needs to be. For example, if Rose is in the VCPD station and Ricardo is on the beach in Vice City, when switching from Rose to Ricardo the camera will ‘zoom’ through the streets for a few seconds until it reaches Ricardo, where you will take control of him. Similarly, if you, for example, attempt to drive from the South to the North, your car will ‘zoom’ through the streets like everything is at 1000x speed for a few seconds until you end up in the North. There is a long highway between the North and South that you can drive a long distance down before it zooms you. Otherwise, the distance between the North and South is largely urban. You can tell you’re zooming through cities. But you can’t explore in that area without getting zoomed. You can, however, travel from Liberty City to Carer City, or from South America to Vice City, because they’re both in the North and South respectively.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Did you sign an NDA and aren’t you scared Rockstar will catch you? What will happen if they do? I did sign an NDA. I was worried for a long time, but for a while I’ve come to accept that I’m not a video game marketer. I’m a marketer. I will not go to prison if I’m caught. I’m not causing them any damages. If I’m caught, I will lose my job and that’s about it. Worst case scenario I get another job at another marketing firm. I can assure you that a high end fashion brand does not care that I told people what a video game is about. Obviously I’m not trying to actively get caught, but I’m not as concerned as I was if you’d have asked me a year and a half ago.
Do Rockstar employees use Reddit? I know for a fact that they do. This isn’t so much a FAQ, but I see people joke about the possibility on r/GTA6 a lot and thought I’d speak on the matter here. Yes. They do. They just do. They are in the subreddits. They’re in the groups. I’ve spoken to more than one that have admitted they contribute in them, albeit without saying they do on their Reddit pages. The simple fact is, yes, Rockstar is a very secretive company, but they employ a lot a people. And they are just that… people. Their every whim is not dictated by Rockstar. Rockstar doesn’t spy on them and monitor their personal lives. So yes, when you make a comment about how Rockstar employees need to pull their fingers out, they see that.
Are all Rockstar employees guys? I don’t answer my chats here. I haven’t for a long time and have made that very clear. Comment for a response. However, I do still view them and this was an interesting question I came across when going through them for questions I’ve been asked a lot. Again, not a FAQ, but something very interesting I wanted to answer. No. They are not. About 1 in 3 Rockstar employees I’ve had contact with are women. Certainly male dominated, but no, plenty of Rockstar employees are women. It’s a similar ratio for my own colleagues. I don’t know if that same ratio extends company wide at Rockstar, but certainly for those I’ve had contact with.
How do you know so much about GTA VI? Arguably the most common answer I’ve gotten here in various forms, so I’ve answered it in far greater detail before, but I’ll give you a short answer again here. I was working on the trailer for a long time. We just needed to know a lot of information. A lot of doubters point to me knowing so much as proof that I’m lying, which is understandable, but it completely ignores the fact that I honestly answer “I don’t know” to probably more questions than I do have an answer for, despite most of the question being easy to make an answer up for, should I wish to. Everything I know comes from one of two avenues; either Rockstar have told me, or it’s come from general chit chat - we chat to eager Rockstar employees, word gets around, etc. (side note; the claim that all Rockstar employees are given a simple task but don’t know what the project is for just isn’t true. They’re not idiots. And they talk to each other. It’s really not that different a work environment as any other). As for Rockstar higher ups telling us, everything is important for the trailers and marketing. Sure, me knowing about it hair blowing in the wind seems like something trivial that I shouldn’t know, until you consider that it needs showcasing in the trailers. It’s not like making a trailer for a movie or TV series. Every frame is going to be micro-analysed.
Are special abilities back? No.
Does this game take place in the HD Universe? Yes.
Do any characters from previous games feature? Yes. There are many, mostly from GTA IV, but of all Little Jacob (now Jacob Hughes) and Tony Prince have the most significant roles.
Who does Jorge Consejo play? I don’t know who any of the actors are.
What is vehicle damage like? The most intense of all GTA games. Vehicle damage will look more like GTA IV’s, but even more exaggerated. One large collision could force a write off. Even small collisions can have devastating consequences.
Can Rose be arrested? Off mission, if Rose is in uniform, she is essentially immune from the law and lives without consequences for the most part, unless her actions extend to military bases, etc. If she is stopped in the middle of a rampage, she will be reprimanded at the police station and have her budget reduced.
Can you go to prison? Kacey and Ricardo absolutely can. Rose cannot. If arrested, you will go to jail or prison. The only exception is if you’re arrested in Vice City where you’ll remain in the station until Rose comes to release you.
Has the mini-map changed? I believe it’s circular again.
Does Rockstar listen to fans? It might not feel like it, but yes.
Will you be able to kidnap NPCs like in RDR2? Yes.
What films and TV series inspired GTA VI? I don’t know.
What cars are in the game? I have a full list of all the ground vehicles I’m aware of here. This was presented to me as a full list that was important for reference, but as somebody pointed out, it’s missing key industry vehicles, so it’s very likely there are more that for whatever reason did not make the list.
Do you have more info? Yes. I have lots of other posts on this page and probably hundreds of comments by now. Happy reading!
When will your next post be? Once again there’s some major reshuffling at work. The upside however is that I’m finally in a position again where I’m hearing new, interesting information. As always, I prefer to wait until the information flow slows a little before posting a compilation of everything I learned. Stay tuned.
That competes the post. I apologize to any long time followers. There’s not much new information here. As always, post any questions or comments and I’ll respond as soon as I can. This post may be updated below should I see an increase in similar questions.

Lurk Angle

All Star
Daps

GTA VI - FAQ​

spoiler
For a long time, I’ve stated I won’t answer questions that have been asked frequently, especially if I’ve gone into great detail on it in the past. However, new people are stumbling across my page all the time, and it’s clear not everybody that does so wants to spend hours reading through all my posts and comments to find the answer to the questions. Therefore, I’ve compiled some of the most frequently asked questions and answered them here in one convenient location.
When will the game release? Last I was aware, release was planned for October 2023. Possibly delayed until 2024.
Will GTA VI release on PC the same time as console? No. PC release is currently planned for March 2025, but subject to change.
What are the characters called? The three main characters are called Kacey, Rose and Ricardo. The two DLC characters are called Tony and Ramón.
Will Vice City be exactly like it was in GTA VC? No. It’s far bigger, and is a modernized version of the city. Some areas will be familiar, but it isn’t an inch for inch replica. A similar thing could be said for the other cities.
Will gore and dismemberment feature? Yes, mild gore will feature. Similar to RDR2 but more exaggerated.
Do you know anything about other games Rockstar is working on? No. I only know about GTA VI.
Are delays intentional? I can’t comment on their other titles because I just don’t know. As for VI, we have discussed the idea of intentionally delaying the game.
Have you seen the logo? No. I’ve seen what was clearly an early version of it that they presented to us. It was a pink/purple ‘VI’ with a palm tree in it. I don’t believe it to be the logo you will see in trailers or at launch.
Do Rockstar just care about VI’s online? No. Single player is Rockstar’s main priority.
What do you know about online? Practically nothing. I only work with the single player.
What are the character’s ethnicities and where are they from? Rose and Kacey and white Americans. Ricardo is Columbian. Rose lives in Vice City. Kacey is from Carcer City.
How much better are the graphics? The difference between RDR2’s graphics and GTA VI’s graphics is about the same as the difference between RDR2’s graphics and GTA V’a graphics (initial release - PS3/X360). I’ve gone into more detail describing exactly what I’ve seen in the past, but this is the most simple answer I can offer. The difference is rather substantial, and what I’ve seen is by no means the final product.
What is the wanted system like? I have a post detailing the new wanted system here.
Is your account and your posts actually part of Rockstar’s marketing campaign to build up hype and tease information? It’s a good theory, but no.
Did you predict El Rubio appearing in GTAO? No. It’s been exaggerated a bit. I described a character in GTA VI that is extremely similar to El Rubio (not by name) and said that Rockstar is slowly connecting GTAO with VI - characters from VI will start to appear in O, GTAO updates will start to set the groundworks for VI, etc. Yes, I believe El Rubio is that character. But no, I did not mention El Rubio by name. So I suppose it’s a half truth that I “predicted” El Rubio.
Did you predict GTAO’s ‘The Contract’ Update? I see a lot of people mentioning this fact in reply to people accusing me of fabricating my information. It is, however, another half truth. I did state Dr. Dre was working with Rockstar. I did state he will have music in the game. I did, again, state the VI and O are slowly connecting. But it’s a bit of an exaggeration to claim that I “predicted” The Contract update. I didn’t. Dre’s involvement with Rockstar absolutely. Dre’s music featuring yes. But to claim at my defence, though I appreciate it, that I ‘predicted’ The Contract update is a bit of a stretch.
Okay, so you predicted Dr. Dre and an El Rubio like character, but who else can we expect to see in future GTAO updates? Karl Von Crastenburg.
Is the tone darker like GTA IV or more goofy like GTA V? The tone of the game is extremely dark. Darker even that IV.
Will we get to play as a cop? Yes. Rose is a member of the Vice City Police Department.
Is there incentive for arresting criminals as Rose? Yes. Rose’s department has a budget that you can spend on hiring officers, weapons and equipment, vehicles, etc. Arresting criminals adds funds to the budget.
What happens if Rose goes on a rampage? In GTA VI, there are various relationship dynamics the player must maintain. For example, if Ricardo has a poor relationship with the Vagos, they may disrupt his activities or send hit squads after him. The same is true for Rose, but with the additional relationship to manage; public perception. If the public doesn’t trust Rose, they will not cooperate, which can make some missions and side activities incredibly challenging. Any action of brutality from Rose will decrease the public’s trust in her.
Will you be able to carry unlimited weapons like V, or be restricted like in RDR2? I’ve heard conflicting information. I’m leaning towards limited weapon selection (character’s signature sidearm, additional sidearm and a two handed weapon)
GTA VI sounds pretty slow, will it be fun? I guess it’s subjective. If you really enjoy the fast paced chaos of V and hate slower paced gameplay, you may be disappointed in the gameplay. If you enjoy slower paced and more tactical gameplay, it’ll be exactly what you want. Regardless, it’ll be a groundbreaking game that’ll be breathtaking and incredibly impressive.
Will police stop you for speeding? Yes. If police see you, they will try and stop you. Some pedestrians may call the police. And some cameras may report you. However, fleeing the scene will not be an issue if you’re travelling at speed. I think it’ll be a good compromise between those looking for realism and those looking for consequence free mayhem.
Will cars be capped at 120mph again? No. Cars have realistic speeds. However (and this lays itself to the previous FAQ as well), dense urban areas are extremely traffic heavy, especially in Liberty City. Finding somewhere that’s not a track where you’ll be able to reach insane speeds in the cities will be challenging.
Is there a speed limiter we can toggle like in Mafia II to make sticking to speed limits easier? No.
Why is the PC release delayed? Three main reasons. Firstly, despite what others have tried to argue, the game isn’t designed with PC at the forefront. It’s primarily designed for console. Ensuring it works smoothly on PC to the same standard as console just will not be possible within the deadlines. I, as do Rockstar, completely understand the fans’ frustration at how long their games take to develop, but the simple fact is when the game releases, it will be released to an excellent standard. We all want to avoid a Cyberpunk situation. Secondly, to help keep the mystery alive and stop people being easily able to search through the code. The third reason is increased sales traffic. Probably not what a lot of people want to hear, but the truth of it is this is also a consideration
Is GTAO shark card sales the reason GTA VI is taking so long and why Rockstar isn’t releasing other games? Absolutely not. I’m sure it takes some time away from VI and other projects to update GTAO, but they’re not taking their time because GTAO is making a lot of money. They just take a long time to make. GTA VI is a huge game unlikely anything we’ve ever seen. Rockstar just simply cannot make it (and especially to the standard they want) quickly.
Can you drive from Liberty City to Vice City? No. The map is split in two; the North and the South. The North comprises of Liberty City, Carcer City and the surrounding areas. The South consists of Vice City, the small town of Cottonmouth and the South American islands. If you attempt to travel between the two, it will use the ‘zoom’ mechanic.
What is the ‘zoom’ mechanic? Whenever you switch characters or attempt to travel between the North and South, the game will ‘zoom’ you. It rapidly zips through the streets until it gets where it needs to be. For example, if Rose is in the VCPD station and Ricardo is on the beach in Vice City, when switching from Rose to Ricardo the camera will ‘zoom’ through the streets for a few seconds until it reaches Ricardo, where you will take control of him. Similarly, if you, for example, attempt to drive from the South to the North, your car will ‘zoom’ through the streets like everything is at 1000x speed for a few seconds until you end up in the North. There is a long highway between the North and South that you can drive a long distance down before it zooms you. Otherwise, the distance between the North and South is largely urban. You can tell you’re zooming through cities. But you can’t explore in that area without getting zoomed. You can, however, travel from Liberty City to Carer City, or from South America to Vice City, because they’re both in the North and South respectively.
I smell bullshyt

But I do believe it's coming in 2024 or even 26

JodyHiighroller

Superstar
Daps

GTA VI - FAQ​

spoiler
send the link

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
I smell bullshyt

But I do believe it's coming in 2024 or even 26

was ready to get hype but I stopped reading when I saw this:duck:

The poster has a ton of info across 10-20 posts. If they are really working on the trailer that explains why they have access to so much. They apparently leaked the Dr Dre stuff from a few months ago as well so there is some credibility.

Take with a grain of salt but I think there's too much detailed info here for this to be fake

send the link

the url never works when I try to embed smh. Worth taking 30 minutes and reading through it all though

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
The poster has a ton of info across 10-20 posts. If they are really working on the trailer that explains why they have access to so much. They apparently leaked the Dr Dre stuff from a few months ago as well so there is some credibility

the url never works when I try to embed smh

How credible has he been in the past?

JodyHiighroller

Superstar
Daps
The poster has a ton of info across 10-20 posts. If they are really working on the trailer that explains why they have access to so much. They apparently leaked the Dr Dre stuff from a few months ago as well so there is some credibility.

Take with a grain of salt but I think there's too much detailed info here for this to be fake

the url never works when I try to embed smh. Worth taking 30 minutes and reading through it all though

Preciate it breh