Growth, Life Hacking, Whatever You Want to Call It. What Are You Doing?

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Life is about growing and not being stuck in the same routine time after time after time. So my Coli brehs, how are we growing this year?

1. Health wise - Im cutting out a lot of crap slowly but surely. Also researching health benefits of this or that.

2. Time - Trying to organize my time better so I can spend less time working, while also being more productive $$$$$

3 Travel - I need to experience some South America as well as South East Asia in my life :noah::noah::noah::noah::noah:

little4209

All Star
Daps
I've definately been more thoughtful in what i put into my mouth :shaq: lol I started making smoothies and juicing this year and my fast food intake has declined drastically since my new job isn't in the city anymore.

-Been reading ALOT of blogs/books on self-help, I just started reading "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen Covey (if anyone wants the PDF book pm me)

-My moms has started getting into being more conscious and has been teaching/telling me that I need to start living consciously, as well. Paying attention to numbers and to things that you normally wouldn't appreciate in a normal day, but it goes deeper than that.

-I've also been learning how to deal with not letting people walkover me..By really using people actions and not their words, against them. If someone SHOWS me who they really are, I'm believing it.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I shook hands with the Devil...... and now I am paying the price

my pockets are fatter but my quality of life has gone downhill.... success breeds stress

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
explain a lil more...

I got approached to go into waste management/recycling .... i set up the company with my brother and we partnered up with a finance company that invested a load of money...

navigating the contracts, paperwork ,meetings,deadlines, agreements have been brutal....

There is nothing exciting about having to proof read and amend a 300 page contract.....

a lot of 18 hour days
and because we are dealing with a state government there is a lot of politics involved..

The initial plan was to take a step back and be less hands on and have other people running the company after a year.... unfortunately its looking like we wont be able to do that for 3 years...

supposed to be in New Orleans for a waste conference this months.... I really dont want to be there

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
I got approached to go into waste management/recycling .... i set up the company with my brother and we partnered up with a finance company that invested a load of money...

navigating the contracts, paperwork ,meetings,deadlines, agreements have been brutal....

There is nothing exciting about having to proof read and amend a 300 page contract.....

a lot of 18 hour days
and because we are dealing with a state government there is a lot of politics involved..

The initial plan was to take a step back and be less hands on and have other people running the company after a year.... unfortunately its looking like we wont be able to do that for 3 years...

supposed to be in New Orleans for a waste conference this months.... I really dont want to be there

at what point did it become like less of a grind and more of a burden?

i always find it interesting hearin people thats driven by success tell me how they fell out of love with the grind

do you think its more of a mental or physical? as far as your story?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1. My main focus is paying off debt. I started with about $34k and now I'm at little over 20k. With that I'm finding ways to be smarter with my money so that I can put as much on debt as I can

2. Trying to get processed foods out of my diet.

Those are my two main focuses. I think once I get my money and health under control several other areas with fall in line as well.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
at what point did it become like less of a grind and more of a burden?

i always find it interesting hearin people thats driven by success tell me how they fell out of love with the grind

do you think its more of a mental or physical? as far as your story?

Ive run my own business before because I cant work for someone else, but to be honest even though Im a hard worker Ive never been in love with the grind, I know dudes that love to make a deal, always talking about what they do and always have their business cards on deck ready to hand out.....

Im definitely not that kinda guy, outside of work I generally dont talk about it unless I have to and could care less If people thought I worked at Micky Ds

its not about the journey for me but the results...... Ive always said that all I care about is the check hitting my account...

to me work is WORK.... working for myself just makes it more tolerable but its still work....

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
Ive run my own business before because I cant work for someone else, but to be honest even though Im a hard worker Ive never been in love with the grind, I know dudes that love to make a deal, always talking about what they do and always have their business cards on deck ready to hand out.....

Im definitely not that kinda guy, outside of work I generally dont talk about it unless I have to and could care less If people thought I worked at Micky Ds

its not about the journey for me but the results...... Ive always said that all I care about is the check hitting my account...

to me work is WORK.... working for myself just makes it more tolerable but its still work....

thats the question i ask myself everyday. thats some real shyt man

honestly i dont wanna get caught up and be one of them dudes that not being satisfied buy the journey nor the money

i think alot of people fall victim to that and let it eat them up
either give up on the journey or get burdened by the results and vice versa

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
I've definately been more thoughtful in what i put into my mouth :shaq: lol I started making smoothies and juicing this year and my fast food intake has declined drastically since my new job isn't in the city anymore.

-Been reading ALOT of blogs/books on self-help, I just started reading "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen Covey (if anyone wants the PDF book pm me)

-My moms has started getting into being more conscious and has been teaching/telling me that I need to start living consciously, as well. Paying attention to numbers and to things that you normally wouldn't appreciate in a normal day, but it goes deeper than that.

-I've also been learning how to deal with not letting people walkover me..By really using people actions and not their words, against them. If someone SHOWS me who they really are, I'm believing it.

Just found the books Epub online. I will add it to the arsenal. I forgot about it, for some reason.

Elaborate on this consciousness topic. Whats the goal?

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
I've really been getting into being more aggressive with life. Not waiting for things to happen and instead making things happen. I was down for a minute cause of some bull but now my focus is coming back and Im working a lot harder at opening doors for myself.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats the question i ask myself everyday. thats some real shyt man

honestly i dont wanna get caught up and be one of them dudes that not being satisfied buy the journey nor the money

i think alot of people fall victim to that and let it eat them up
either give up on the journey or get burdened by the results and vice versa

I think it comes down to loving what you do for a living... even when i had the club it reached a point where i hated being there and I couldnt wait for Mondays....lol

little4209

All Star
Daps
Just found the books Epub online. I will add it to the arsenal. I forgot about it, for some reason.

Elaborate on this consciousness topic. Whats the goal?

I could be wrong but "living consciously" may be more of a lifestyle/skill, so I'm not 100% sure if there is an "end goal" per se..? But ultimately, i just want to be a better person and not just live life on autopilot. Its really all about making conscious choices rather than doing things without thinking, it's a really simple concept but most people aren't able to grasp it and just love life going through the motions.