Grandmothers:Do they have the right to tell you what to do w/ your kids?

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I would have put
"Black"
grandmothers but I don't want this to get bounced to hell aka the Race forum. But I've noticed with a lot
Black
mothers that there is a lot conflict between mother/grandmothers when grandma telling her how to raise her kids. Where is the line drawn in that? 2ndly, if a
Black
grandma is assisting her daughter financially does that change anything? Like does she have more say so if grandma is helping her?

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
No they don't.

But the grandmothers that do try are nothing but older trifling bytches that were trifling bytches when they were younger.... and never grew up.

They're jealous of their daughters and SWEAR they can be a better mom... or they're trying to correct the "mistakes" they made with the daughters.

You ever notice those SAME old bytches don't want their sons to get out or have relationships?

by the way.... without this same stigma existing in "other" cultures, neither soap operas nor prime time "dramas" would exist. lol

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Either one but particularly Big mamas.

Lot of these chicks is letting their moms raise their kids though.If your kid spend 12 of the 14 hours a day hes up with your mom and you only get him to put him to sleep. Who is really raising that kid?

Every person has opinions on stuff. Some valid some not. Just cause shes your mother doesn't mean all her opinions are right but if it comes to child rearing you are the example of if she knew what she was doing?