GOT Bjornsson can be heard shrieking in pain as he suffers pec tear injury during gargantuan bench press attempt

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City

Footage Emerges of Moment Hafthor Bjornsson Suffered Horrific Pec Tear Injury​

Being one of the world's strongest men means you can rip record breaking amounts of tin from the floor and pull lorry-loads of weight behind you, :dame: but it doesn't absolve you from feeling pain. Hafthor ‘Thor’ Bjornsson found that out when he attempted a PR bench press of 556lbs (252kg) during a competition at his gym in Iceland this past weekend.

The 34-year-old was lowering a heaving barbell to his chest when the accident happened. The pop from his pec being literally torn apart can be heard in the video – which was being live streamed at the time – as can Bjornsson's shrieks of pain that immediately followed.

Thankfully, Thor's spotters quickly jumped in to remove the bar from his chest and he has since said that, a few days on, he's ‘doing okay considering everything'. Still, with his arm now in a sling, he has admitted to facing some new and embarrassing challenges, dealing with what he's described as the biggest injury of his entire career.

‘Wiping my a** is difficult,’ Thor told his YouTube subscribers. ’I am left handed and putting my underwear on is difficult. I have to figure out how to recover as fast as possible.’

Bjornsson revealed to his YouTube followers that he will today be going for an MRI scan to reveal the exact injury and, he says, he's expecting a long lay off if it is as serious as he thinks it is. That doesn't mean he'll be laying off going to the gym altogether though, and Thor has actually already been back training since his horrific injury occurred.

‘Came to the gym today and did half-an-hour of cardio,’ Bjornsson said, ‘just to keep my sanity and get out of the house.’

:picard:

Panthro11

All Star
Daps
tumblr_ozqamds6lF1wivw5to1_500.gif

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
This ladies and gentlemen is why lower weights and more reps is >>>>

Truth. I occasionally (like quarterly) throw up 315+ to see what I can do, but it's all ego lifting. I'm cool with doing sets of 10 at 225.

Sidebar: Y'all think he's natural? I thought he could hit this weight. I know it has nothing to do with the injury, but I would've expected he could do this and it didn't need to be a spectacle to stream or nothing.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Yeah, dude at the gym that benches over 4 wheels showed me a video of his pec blowing out. :huhldup:

Hope stronk Andaleh comes back doing his thing. :salute:

:unimpressed:

Coli posters that have never stepped on the platform and competed won't understand why folks like The Mountain do what they do.

If you don't compete and are happy lifting baby weights, then why would you bother picking up heavy things and putting them down? :yeshrug:

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
Yeah, dude at the gym that benches over 4 wheels showed me a video of his pec blowing out. :huhldup:

Hope stronk Andaleh comes back doing his thing. :salute:

:unimpressed:

Coli posters that have never stepped on the platform and competed won't understand why folks like The Mountain do what they do.

If you don't compete and are happy lifting baby weights, then why would you bother picking up heavy things and putting them down? :yeshrug:
I'm happy with my intact pec

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Actually think I had a slight tear in my left bicep....getting better now...but pulls up and other shyt have had to avoid