Google Shopping app ends May 28th, 2021

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
But why :dwillhuh:

No rebranding, no explanation, just tossed in the bushes like Birdman's firearms. It really makes no sense, 2 years ago I bought a AGV K5 helmet from them for less than $200 when everyone else was selling it for at least $350. I've also bought a heated blanket, weighted blanket etc. From them. It's a very good alternative to Amazon when hunting for deals but these nikkas just folding up the app with no real explanation :gucci:

Dap&rep to whoever can come in here and make sense of it but this is the bullshyt email I just got. I'm Android gang and have been a strong supporter of Google throughout all their blunders but I'm starting to get pissed off at this stupid ass company with all their missteps.

Screenshot-20210507-125643-Gmail.jpg

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
sad to see it go
they had some great deals and the shipping was prime status sometimes
Google doesn't stay in anything unless it rockets in popularity/revenue

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
If I was a startup company I wouldn’t sell to Google if I was actually passionate about the company’s future :mjlol:
I would and wait for Google to kill it and just recreate under a different name:lolbron:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
But why :dwillhuh:

No rebranding, no explanation, just tossed in the bushes like Birdman's firearms. It really makes no sense, 2 years ago I bought a AGV K5 helmet from them for less than $200 when everyone else was selling it for at least $350. I've also bought a heated blanket, weighted blanket etc. From them. It's a very good alternative to Amazon when hunting for deals but these nikkas just folding up the app with no real explanation :gucci:

Dap&rep to whoever can come in here and make sense of it but this is the bullshyt email I just got. I'm Android gang and have been a strong supporter of Google throughout all their blunders but I'm starting to get pissed off at this stupid ass company with all their missteps.

Screenshot-20210507-125643-Gmail.jpg
Google is terrible in this way...

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
At this point I think Google just likes to blow money. Some of the products and services that they've abandoned weren't even bad. It makes no sense.
It makes more sense when you realize their entire modus operandi is to collect data and sell advertising.

If a product fails to increase growth in those 2 areas then they will axe it, plain and simple.

Last edited:

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
Everybody is trying to create a product so they can get credit and get promoted. They don't give a fukk if it's already done by 3 existing apps. Drop that old shyt and get with this remake :banderas:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Everybody is trying to create a product so they can get credit and get promoted. They don't give a fukk if it's already done by 3 existing apps. Drop that old shyt and get with this remake :banderas:
Are you implying that's what Google Shopping was? Cuz if you know of another app that searches the entire internet for literally any product you type in and then lists what each site has it for I'd love to download it. Like I said in the OP Amazon is cool but you simply can't find a lot of shyt on there for whatever reason. Google didn't have that extreme of product bias and would list any and everything you searched for.

Im assuming they want you to just use the basic Google app if you want search through them, but it's definitely not going to be anywhere near as convenient as the dedicated app.

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
Are you implying that's what Google Shopping was? Cuz if you know of another app that searches the entire internet for literally any product you type in and then lists what each site has it for I'd love to download it. Like I said in the OP Amazon is cool but you simply can't find a lot of shyt on there for whatever reason. Google didn't have that extreme of product bias and would list any and everything you searched for.

Im assuming they want you to just use the basic Google app if you want search through them, but it's definitely not going to be anywhere near as convenient as the dedicated app.

I was saying Google just creates over their own products so it may pop up integrated in some new brand... That's not gonna be as good