Google Meet is now free for everyone

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I swear Google loves to blow money:mjlol:. They come out with multiple products that do the same thing only to kill them off years later. I know they have slight differences, but now Google has Meets, Hangouts, and Duo. How long before they kill them all:laff:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I swear Google loves to blow money:mjlol:. They come out with multiple products that do the same thing only to kill them off years later. I know they have slight differences, but now Google has Meets, Hangouts, and Duo. How long before they kill them all:laff:

this is the issue when you have an Engineering led Org vs a Product Led org. Apple is lead by Product thus you rarely see them do stuff like this, of course the argument against Product Led orgs is the 'cutting edge' tech stuff but what good is cutting edge tech if it isn't solving a relevant problem?

Crude

Superstar
Daps
They should have just have made hangouts a one stop shop for all this years ago.

It was basically the Android version of FaceTime/Skype and iMessage and RCS wrapped all in one app.

I like what they're doing with their Messages app hopefully they keep updating it. It has a lot of potential as long as they keep improving it.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Google is also going to launch a work collaboration tool to compete with Slack and MS Teams.

It's kinda wild how they have all this dope software and everybody has Gmail, but they just haven't figured out how to convert users to all of them.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Google is also going to launch a work collaboration tool to compete with Slack and MS Teams.

It's kinda wild how they have all this dope software and everybody has Gmail, but they just haven't figured out how to convert users to all of them.

so they bringing back google wave?:gladbron:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm still not happy about how they went away from Hangouts. I was using that as my main messaging app for years and they disable SMS messaging, but it's still available when messaging from Gmail.

It's annoying. I have one friend that I message on there

:snoop: