Google has killed more products than most companies have thought of

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I invested my time in any new google product. After they killed notebook, rss reader and wave , I was officially done trying anything new from them. I don't give a damn about youtube either, liking, commenting or subscribing. I wasted hours putting together music playlists only to have videos deleted from it, never again.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I invested my time in any new google product. After they killed notebook, rss reader and waze , I was officially done trying anything new from them. I don't give a damn about youtube either, liking, commenting or subscribing. I wasted hours putting together music playlists only to have videos deleted from it, never again.
Why does Google even own Waze when they have Google Maps?

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Why does Google even own Waze when they have Google Maps?
They implemented some of the features waze has into maps.

*edit*

Google Maps is borrowing another of Waze’s best features with traffic slowdown reporting

"Being able to report incidents on the road, like traffic jams and accidents, has been a staple of Google-owned Waze for years, but it’s just in the past year made its way into the main Google Maps app, one feature at a time.

Now, according to 9to5Google, incident reporting has been updated in the latest version of the Android app to include traffic slowdown options. Prior to today, you were able to report crashes, police checkpoints, and speed cameras (much to the annoyance of law enforcement), but there was no option for manually inputting a traffic jam for other users to see."

_____

The Waze features you’ve always wanted in Google Maps are finally coming to Android and iPhone

"Moreover, the speed trap warning feature is also familiar to Waze users, and it’s now finally coming to Google Maps. That’s hardly a surprise considering that Google owns Waze, and the company wants to bring some its cool incident reports over to Google Maps. The speed camera feature will show you all the known speed cameras along your route, and it will deliver an audible notification when you’re approaching one."

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They suck at advertising their services. They have great ideas and they are quick to put things out there, but they don't really get people to adopt using everything because there's a disconnect with their messaging and them explaining why people should use their stuff.

Now with a lurking antitrust suit coming for them, people are going to even be more skeptical to use the services that they announce going forward.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Google cancels, kills, and transitions a lot of products. Google has killed apps like Allo and Inbox as well as hardware like Nexus phones and Chromecast Audio. Even services like Google and Hangouts are being shut down. Google experiments on a lot of projects but they don't always follow through. Google's, "see what sticks" approach can leave users skeptical about the longevity of new Google services.

#Google #Software #TechInsider

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
They suck at advertising their services. They have great ideas and they are quick to put things out there, but they don't really get people to adopt using everything because there's a disconnect with their messaging and them explaining why people should use their stuff.

Now with a lurking antitrust suit coming for them, people are going to even be more skeptical to use the services that they announce going forward.

It's cuz Alphabet is fukking HUGE. Literally, there's no way a company of that size and scope trying to do so many things can make all of it work. While I hate that so much of it doesn't hit, I like Google being like "fukk it lets try it". :manny:

As opposed to the hyper-curated sleek approach of Apple where if something from them fails the reverberations are felt much harder at least in the consumer base.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Google kills apps and features, that they fails to promote. In return, adds features that no one really asked for.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I don't see the problem. They have to keep trying new things. Some times when shyt don't work out you have to pivot. Amazon does the same thing.
Even when they have shyt that works or desired, they still eventually drop support or focus like google fiber. Its like a company is a child with ADHD