Good video editing software on a budget.

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
I'm trying to get into video making and editing for a youtube/instagram page.

I don't know how long I'm going to do it and what all I want to do. I don't want to spend a lot of money on Final Cut or Premier softwares.

Is there a good program better than this IMovie stock thing that someone can recommend for a good price. Honestly, I'm willing to spend up to $100.00 right now for a decent program that'll allow me to edit short videos, etc.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Final cut is the truth man.
If you’re firm on the $100 you can get adobe premiere subscription. I think the whole creative cloud package is $30 a month. I have it but don’t recall the price.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I know you said final cut is pricey but Do you have an edu email?

because apple got an apps for education bundle thats too good to pass up.

Final Cut Pro X, Logic Pro X, Motion 5, Compressor 4, and MainStage 3 For 200 bucks. Final Cut alone is 300. Compressor(very useful for final cut and logic) is 50 bucks alone.

all those apps together cost 630. 200 is a steal and pays off in the long run. Adobe premier is 240 a year for some perspective, and you dont own it. You keep those 5 apps from apple for 200, no subscription bullshyt.

Last edited:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Premiere is the truth

If you search you can find portable editions for free that have most of the functionality I used to work for a post production studio , they had premiere on thumb drives for emergency situations ...

It’s out there

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Just get DaVinci Resolve

Lank: DaVinci Resolve 16 | Blackmagic Design

It's free and comparable to most, if not all the the premium video editors out there.

Its free premium editing software. Native and optimized for PC and Mac.

Its powerful software but its not intuitive. That said, if you are really serious and master it, its just as capable as Final Cut and Premiere. That said, just like any other creative software you use, while you work make sure you frequently save.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Go on Youtube and you can download a software in 10 mins lol. I just put together a new PC and got everything that I wanted.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I know you said final cut is pricey but Do you have an edu email?

because apple got an apps for education bundle thats too good to pass up.

Final Cut Pro X, Logic Pro X, Motion 5, Compressor 4, and MainStage 3 For 200 bucks. Final Cut alone is 300. Compressor(very useful for final cut and logic) is 50 bucks alone.

all those apps together cost 630. 200 is a steal and pays off in the long run. Adobe premier is 240 a year for some perspective, and you dont own it. You keep those 5 apps from apple for 200, no subscription bullshyt.
:ohhh:

Go on Youtube and you can download a software in 10 mins lol. I just put together a new PC and got everything that I wanted.
:feedme:

people pay for software? :picard:
I can pm you a link to adobe premiere

:feedme: