Golf Brehs...EA PGA Sports or Tiger Wood 2K23?

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
So I'm over here looking at College PAWGolf on my 40-inch plasma screen from them trees, and I was hankering for a golf game. Last time I played a golf game was The Golf Club which was semi ass but fulfilling. My question for the squad like which of these two recent games should I cop for the Steam Deck :ehh:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
The new EA game is basically a Tiger Woods PGA golf redux. Meaning, it has very similar or identical mechanics, shot power up, greens reading system, etc. I do like it, but there are parts that irritate me. There are some shots you hit that the CPU just decides isn’t going to hold the green no matter what you do. shyts be making a bee line for a hazard. Also, it’s relatively easy to score, so you’ll be -20 or -30 every at the end of every tourney. I don’t like that it has to be connected to EA’s janky servers to play your career, or that you can’t compare potential new club purchases to current clubs in terms of upgrades or diminishing attributes. I do enjoy the game overall.

I like that or has all the official majors. I’m about to sweep them hoes :wow:. I haven’t played 2k23.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The new EA game is basically a Tiger Woods PGA golf redux. Meaning, it has very similar or identical mechanics, shot power up, greens reading system, etc. I do like it, but there are parts that irritate me. There are some shots you hit that the CPU just decides isn’t going to hold the green no matter what you do. shyts be making a bee line for a hazard. Also, it’s relatively easy to score, so you’ll be -20 or -30 every at the end of every tourney. I don’t like that it has to be connected to EA’s janky servers to play your career, or that you can’t compare potential new club purchases to current clubs in terms of upgrades or diminishing attributes. I do enjoy the game overall.

I like that or has all the official majors. I’m about to sweep them hoes :wow:. I haven’t played 2k23.
EA haven't made a golf game since 2000s, but 2K is on sale. I heard some mixed reaction to EA's game due to the clunky controls and etc. Some folks actually say it plays like a arcade game which is somewhat my steez because I hated the controls in The Golf Club.
:lupe:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
EA haven't made a golf game since 2000s, but 2K is on sale. I heard some mixed reaction to EA's game due to the clunky controls and etc. Some folks actually say it plays like a arcade game which is somewhat my steez because I hated the controls in The Golf Club.
:lupe:

Yeah, when I said it’s like a Tiger Woods redux—it’s basically like those Tiger Woods games from the 2000s or Rory Mcilroy’s game. I’d definitely say it’s more arcade than true sim. You aren’t going to be shooting -2 and shyt.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm probably gonna buy EA PGA Tour soon. I've got PGA 2K23, and it's alright, but it definitely pulls some of the more annoying elements of 2K and The Golf Club (the name the series went by before 2K bought it).

Career Mode is pretty shallow and can get boring once you get into a groove that lets you get competitive. This is definitely a game built more around playing online, or against friends in house than anything else. Customization is based on having to buy stuff from the storefront, and points and unlocks are on a bit of a dripfeed if you don't have the current season pass.

Upside is that swinging feels pretty natural, once you get your timing down. The game is pretty shytty at explaining anything beyond the tutorial you can go through once you start the game up fo the first time.

Assuming they're kind've picking up where they left off from the Rory McIlroy PGA game from years ago, the EA game might actually be a pretty good balance of sim and arcade that can be tweaked.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I'm probably gonna buy EA PGA Tour soon. I've got PGA 2K23, and it's alright, but it definitely pulls some of the more annoying elements of 2K and The Golf Club (the name the series went by before 2K bought it).

Career Mode is pretty shallow and can get boring once you get into a groove that lets you get competitive. This is definitely a game built more around playing online, or against friends in house than anything else. Customization is based on having to buy stuff from the storefront, and points and unlocks are on a bit of a dripfeed if you don't have the current season pass.

Upside is that swinging feels pretty natural, once you get your timing down. The game is pretty shytty at explaining anything beyond the tutorial you can go through once you start the game up fo the first time.

Assuming they're kind've picking up where they left off from the Rory McIlroy PGA game from years ago, the EA game might actually be a pretty good balance of sim and arcade that can be tweaked.

:lupe: The sale is tempting, but the fact that EA went all in on the courses seems like a dealbreaker. Yet, I am unsure of the bare bones aspect of EA's game.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
So I just ended up subscribing to EA Play Pro just to try out the game and Im enjoying it. It takes me back to the SNES Jack Nicklaus game and the PC Links games.

I'm getting my ass kicked with the swings and bogeys, but overall it's really a fun game.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I got 2K 23 like 4 days ago & have been playing it non stop. This is the first golf game I’ve played in maybe 12 years but I’m having a blast with it.

The career mode is fun to me. I like how even if I don’t have a chance of winning an event, I can still beat my rival and earn some stuff. It has a ton of courses, looks like all PGA courses are on here except for Augusta and St Andrews, but the made up replicas they have look just like them to me. You can create your own course or play a course anyone else has made..you can spend hours testing your skills on random ass courses.

It was definitely worth the money. I purchased Red Dead Redemption 2 last month & was low key bored after 2 weeks playing it. I can see myself playing this golf game for a while