Goldberg Streak 97-98

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
Crazy shyt is Goldberg lost one of his first WCW matches but when they decided to do the streak they erased it from history :wow:

Yup a dark match to Chad Fortune on WCW Saturday Night. And it was his last dark match so no clue why they had him lose at all lol.

The Great One

Swag Surfin
Daps
I really dislike how people don't like Goldberg or this streak.

This started out as a lowkey thing, which really made it work. This is not the WWE hyping up some guy for 3 months and then the audience is tired of him before he even debuts - check out Lars Sullivan now.

Let a guy come out of nowhere, cook on the midcard for a year and then turn it up. It works. It would work now.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
hqdefault.jpg

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Sting had that streak in the bag on the 9-14-98 Monday Nitro

bytch ass Hogan just had to show up

:martin:

That run was fun tho.

Goldberg was just slaughtering folks, looking back tho it really was gonna be hard to book him once he stopped being invincible
Not just Sting... Meng had Goldberg BEAT! Every Meng match when he applies the Tongan Death Grip (a move that needs to come back by the way) he never lets go.... but when he applies it to Goldberg he lets it go for some strange reason :dwillhuh:I'm still baffled by that after all these years.... the O.G. Guerilla of Destiny got robbed.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I really dislike how people don't like Goldberg or this streak.

This started out as a lowkey thing, which really made it work. This is not the WWE hyping up some guy for 3 months and then the audience is tired of him before he even debuts - check out Lars Sullivan now.

Let a guy come out of nowhere, cook on the midcard for a year and then turn it up. It works. It would work now.
Creativity was better then. That's the difference. They've sandbagged so many stars at this point going back like 15 yrs...Shelton, Carlito, Big E, Wade, Cesaro, and Braun may be the newest if he dont win the belt this month.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
How could they have ended the streak the right way?

giphy.gif

shyt was lit when that happened. Watch the crowd when he hits it. :ohlawd:

If not then, I would've ended it around that time period. How and why is another thing. Goldberg had pretty much run through the majority of WCW/nWo wrestlers at that point. Off of the top of my head - he hadn't wrestled Bret, Flair, Scott Steiner, or Luger at that point.

EDIT Nash may have actually been the best candidate to end the streak the more that I think abut it. :leon:

Last edited:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Streak was dope but like so many other things that they had going for them at the time, WCW didn’t plan for the end game.