Going to Berlin in 2 Weeks, Anyone Been Before?

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If so, any advice on places to visit and things to do? I'm going for 2 weeks with a few of my classmates and our professor. We'll be busy from 9am until about 3pm going on tours, but after then I am free for the rest of the day, plus days off and would like to utilize my time and spend it doing something.

Also tell me about your time there, and if you haven't been to berlin but Germany, tell me about it please.

luvaznpoon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I couldn't imagine what it'd be like to be black visiting Germany. Let alone living there. :huhldup:

But, who knows? Maybe this thread will provide some answers. :blessed:

Poh SIti Dawn

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I couldn't imagine what it'd be like to be black visiting Germany. Let alone living there. :huhldup:

But, who knows? Maybe this thread will provide some answers. :blessed:

It probably depends. If you're African then it might be :trash:

But if you're African American then it might be :wow:

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
Dine at 12 Apostles.
Tour that govt building with the glass dome and peer down on their congressional chamber thru the glass ceiling.
Visit the holocaust memorial. Get lost in that maze with friends.
Pay for a guided tour related to wwii.
Walk oranienburgerstasse.
See the student neighborhood near Humboldt univ.
Eat authentic German cuisine (gross) and drink their beer (great).
Shop H&M.

--> aq out <--

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It probably depends. If you're African then it might be :trash:

But if you're African American then it might be :wow:

lol. they don't really make a difference. black is black. with that being said, you will encounter racism, it's not open hostility, but subtle things such as people staring at you or assuming you might steal something. the main difference is that in the us you can blend in with the crowd as a black person. that is never possible in germany. still, berlin is probably the most open and multi-cultural city you can find in germany. don't go to eastern germany though!

explore the bars and restaurants around kottbusser tor, and if the weather is good, chill at museum island. it's close to the water and you can either go to one of the bars and restaurants there or just buy some beers yourself and hang out. the atmosphere is really cool and most of the time there will also be musicians. they also have free classical concerts every sunday evening

museumsinsel.jpg

6149364275_839ce196d5_z.jpg

the eastside gallery is also quite cool! East Side Gallery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

as far as nightlife goes, go to Kater Holzig https://www.facebook.com/pages/katerholzig/118917638190532
or wilde renate
Salon Zur Wilde Renate &mdash; Club | berlin-fever.com
yorkschlösschen has live concerts every wednesday, friday and saturday
Yorckschlösschen - Home of Jazz & Blues

to be honest, there is tons of stuff to do in berlin. the best advice is to try and meet some locals and have them advise you on where to go and what to do.

Poh SIti Dawn

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks for some of the info^^^

Anyone else got anything to say?