God of War’s influence on gaming

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Meach like

EnormousEllipticalEft-size_restricted.gif

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Hmm.. sounds kinda vague. New gow combat is definitely better than old gow but the style isn’t as distinct. Old gow had a pseudo-fixed camera with flashy destructive weapons and large-scale cinematic boss battles. New gow with the axe is a lot more grounded and balanced relatively speaking.

I’ll take these comparisons as the devs saying “melee combat in our game won’t be Souls-like, but it won’t be a shallow button masher either”. And that sounds fine to me. :manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Hmm.. sounds kinda vague. New gow combat is definitely better than old gow but the style isn’t as distinct. Old gow had a pseudo-fixed camera with flashy destructive weapons and large-scale cinematic boss battles. New gow with the axe is a lot more grounded and balanced relatively speaking.

I’ll take these comparisons as the devs saying “melee combat in our game won’t be Souls-like, but it won’t be a shallow button masher either”. And that sounds fine to me. :manny:

Maybe that, combined with it also being an inbetween of open world-linear (not mission based). It seems like for a long time it was either-or, now it seems like theres going to be more of a happy medium of wide-linear.