‘God of War’ TV Series Adaptation (Prime Video)

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
The average viewer won’t have context to his character
You can’t just start a series
Negating 17 years of content
Unless they are going to tell the story through shytty flashbacks
Which is a tired trope
Kratos is very complex and starting with the Tre Lok/Faye storyline is just a disservice to the story
So yeah 50 minutes of him crying ain’t the wave when we don’t even no wtf he’s crying about :pachaha:
And he only almost shed a tear
after Odin served him ether in his own crib about not being a worshipped deity
To finally seeing that he would be
GOW is visceral in all its nature
Why censor that
Storytellers and writers (good ones) can convey any narrative with proper care
Even if it’s murder-kill-destroy
Exactly.

Not a surprise the mental midget you had to spell this out for can't grasp that.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
The greece stuff just has a much smaller fan base Norse games sold 10 times as much as the greece ones, would make more sense to do a prequel series in greece after doing the norse stuff.
But i agree this will probably be trash either way.
Nah the prequel stuff later never works because there is no stakes for the viewer...Yes you can argue there is no stakes for the gamer who knows the story but we're not the whole audience...Case and point, Netflix just tried this strategy with Witcher, a prequel after 2 seasons and its getting panned by everyone.

Kratos is a very complex anti-hero much like Spawn, you can't just skip his past...You have to show how he got to where he is...The viewer needs context and IMO for a character like this that's not achievable through flashbacks...17 years of back story that shaped this character is too much to leave up to flashbacks...'

A good example is the scene from GOW4 where he goes back to put on the Blades of Chaos which he tried to bury with his past...This was the most powerful scene from that game but if you haven't played the earlier entries in the franchise you'd have no idea why...

Last edited:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Nah the prequel stuff later never works because there is no stakes for the viewer...Yes you can argue there is no stakes for the gamer who knows the story but we're not the whole audience...Case and point, Netflix just tried this strategy with Witcher, a prequel after 2 seasons and its getting panned by everyone.

Kratos is a very complex anti-hero much like Spawn, you can't just skip his past...You have to show how he got to where he is...The viewer needs context and IMO for a character like this that's not achievable through flashbacks...17 years of back story that shaped this character is too much to leave up to flashbacks...'

A good example is the scene from GOW4 where he goes back to put on the Blades of Chaos which he tried to bury with his past...This was the most powerful scene from that game but if you haven't played the earlier entries in the franchise you'd have no idea why...
I won’t even quote the dumb-dumb I was talking to before :pachaha:
Ill also add he kills his own father and later feels it was all for nothing
That left an impressionable mark on not just him but the player as well
That’s the whole weight of his character why he is so protective of Atreus and felt the longing of Faye
He was trying to make amends for his sins
From not only killing his first family but leaving a wake of destruction in his past
To just jump in without all that knowledge and try to spoon feed it through flashbacks:russ:
Funny how that’s too much for tv
But nikkas was watching Game of Thrones religiously
Or The Walking Dead
But Kratos Greece narrative
That’s too much :damn::dead:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I won’t even quote the dumb-dumb I was talking to before :pachaha:
Ill also add he kills his own father and later feels it was all for nothing
That left an impressionable mark on not just him but the player as well
That’s the whole weight of his character why he is so protective of Atreus and felt the longing of Faye
He was trying to make amends for his sins
From not only killing his first family but leaving a wake of destruction in his past
To just jump in without all that knowledge and try to spoon feed it through flashbacks:russ:
Funny how that’s too much for tv
But nikkas was watching Game of Thrones religiously
Or The Walking Dead
But Kratos Greece narrative
That’s too much :damn::dead:
To add to this, dude has five phases that shape his character into what he becomes in the Norse mythology chapter...

1) Family man youngest captain in the Spartan army

2) Ares servant on earth

3) Ghost of Sparta

4) God of War

5) Betrayed by his father

That's at least 3 seasons of content right there to get to that epic moment where he has to put the blades back on you gon turn into a flashback with a random Athena narrating? :dahell:Or you gon tell viewers that don't game to run through a Youtube synopsis before watching the show to truly grasp the magnitude of that moment? shyts lazy and dumb as fukk which sums up every AMAZON adaptation so I can't say I'm surprised...

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
The Norse saga sold 20 million plus while the Greek saga sold around 3-5 million.

The "average" viewer came in during the Norse saga. There will obviously be callbacks to the Greek saga but it makes sense for a tv adaptation to start with the Norse saga since that's where the series went mainstream to begin with.

There's also they just might not want to commit to a 5-8 season long story and only want to tell the 2-3 season story of the Norse saga to begin with.

Either way Cory himself is attached to this so I'm giving it a shot.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
This isn't like Warhammer where they gave Henry Cavill the keys to the car...

Cory being attached to this means absolutely nothing, he's not the showrunner, he's not driving...

AMAZON had the most respected Tolkien scholar on board for ROP and he ended up leaving because they wanted to their own thing...

The showrunner of this GOW project is the same moron that fukked up Wheel Of Time because he wanted to do his own thing...

In other words AMAZON has an established track record here of putting people familiar with the source material on staff to appease the fanbase, completely ignoring them, doing their own thing deviating from the source and creating absolute trash adaptations...

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
The Norse saga sold 20 million plus while the Greek saga sold around 3-5 million.

The "average" viewer came in during the Norse saga. There will obviously be callbacks to the Greek saga but it makes sense for a tv adaptation to start with the Norse saga since that's where the series went mainstream to begin with.

There's also they just might not want to commit to a 5-8 season long story and only want to tell the 2-3 season story of the Norse saga to begin with.

:ohhh:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall

You really can’t put sales as a real reason to start with the Norse Saga
Albeit it’s the motive but look at a movie like 300 and tell me that setting wouldnt be perfect for the start of the journey
I’ll give you that it is more easily accessible because it’s meme heavy and that’s what’s running Hollywood at the moment
Memes equal buzz
Hollywood is just Hollywood(ing) with the setting as the selling point because of shows like Game of Thrones and it’s spin off and other stories being told through dreary snow like conditions
And I’m not for certain how Amazon runs with their content but correct me if I’m wrong
They aren’t running on the Netflix premise
GOW/Kratos will sell itself
If done right
You could do 5-8 seasons of solid material with the Greece narrative
The average viewer just wants to feel “apart” of something
So if the core audience of GOW is raving about it
Watch how quick the average viewer will jump on the hype train until the story falls off
Which every show does unfortunately
I just think it’s a disservice to the franchise being Kratos story arc is so much more than screaming “BOY” and crying over Faye
More people know Greek mythology than Norse mythology but I’m on thecoli so I know everybody knows everything :pachaha:
The battles would be insane especially seeing Zeus get served that hot plate of rage:damn::wow:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
You really can’t put sales as a real reason to start with the Norse Saga
Albeit it’s the motive but look at a movie like 300 and tell me that setting wouldnt be perfect for the start of the journey
I’ll give you that it is more easily accessible because it’s meme heavy and that’s what’s running Hollywood at the moment
Memes equal buzz
Hollywood is just Hollywood(ing) with the setting as the selling point because of shows like Game of Thrones and it’s spin off and other stories being told through dreary snow like conditions
And I’m not for certain how Amazon runs with their content but correct me if I’m wrong
They aren’t running on the Netflix premise
GOW/Kratos will sell itself
If done right
You could do 5-8 seasons of solid material with the Greece narrative
The average viewer just wants to feel “apart” of something
So if the core audience of GOW is raving about it
Watch how quick the average viewer will jump on the hype train until the story falls off
Which every show does unfortunately
I just think it’s a disservice to the franchise being Kratos story arc is so much more than screaming “BOY” and crying over Faye
More people know Greek mythology than Norse mythology but I’m on thecoli so I know everybody knows everything :pachaha:
The battles would be insane especially seeing Zeus get served that hot plate of rage:damn::wow:
If I had to choose I would also want them to start at the Greek saga. Prequels included. I'm just saying I understand the decision to start it with it's current arc. A tv show following the actual storyline is a 7-8 season show minimum. It's very rare for modern shows to last that long.

They probably came into this knowing they only want to tell the Norse arc. Especially when u compare it to the other shows Sony are doing based around their games. They want the instant recognition between the tv shows and the current games they are selling.