Gmail Hacked.... what next?

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
any of the brehs ever get their gmail hacked?

just happened to my shorty, got her cc info and possibly her ssn.

been trying to get someone on the phone over at google..... this is basically an impossible task.

advice from the brehs?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
don’t have any advice on how to rectify the problem

hopefully you’ll get thru to google eventually

some advice tho on how to prevent it from happening again—
  • use 2-factor authentication...w/ google authenticator (NOT via SMS text)
  • they’ll provide you w/ a QR code you can scan using the google authenticator app
  • take a screenshot of the QR code BEFORE you scan it
  • after scanning the QR code...save the screenshot on a flashdrive in case you switch phones and need to use google authenticator on a new phone otherwise you risk getting locked out of your account and will have to contact google again
—when you login...after entering your u/n and p/w you’ll get a code from the google authenticator app...it’ll provide you w/ a new code roughly every 60 seconds...someone would physically need your phone to access your email...w/ SMS text it’s “easier” for someone to port your phone number over to a new SIM card/phone and that’s how they get access to codes and shyt sent by text

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Do you have any idea how?
Doesn't Google notify you if you try to sign in from an IP & Mac address you've never used before?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Doesn't Google notify you if you try to sign in from an IP & Mac address you've never used before?

yes they do...but by email...so if your email address is compromised then that notification is pretty much useless

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

i don't know, and if i ask too many questions it's gonna come off like i'm blaming her for what happened.

they copped some shyt from Apple but that was the extent of it (so far)

Chase took care of it, but she's getting all this spam, maybe 10 emails per hour