deeznutsyo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
gotta give a best man speech for my bro this weekend

not very good at public speaking

never done one before either

you nikkas got any advice? tips? funny shyt to say?

help a nikka out

:noah:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Say something positive about your friend. About your bro relationship.
Say something positive about the bride. Throw in a joke how now she'll have to take care of his crap or to deal with his ideosyncracies. Do not make a derogatory insult towards the bride or groom as a joke. That's doesn't work and never does.
End it with saying let's raise our glasses in honor of the beautiful couple or something like that.

deeznutsyo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Say something positive about your friend. About your bro relationship.
Say something positive about the bride. Throw in a joke how now she'll have to take care of his crap or to deal with his ideosyncracies. Do not make a derogatory insult towards the bride or groom as a joke. That's doesn't work and never does.
End it with saying let's raise our glasses in honor of the beautiful couple or something like that.

so saying me and my pops thought my bro was gay isn't a good idea?

:lolbron:

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Keep it simple. Dont even think of it as a speech, think of it as a toast cause thats what it is. Mine was like 30 sec to a minute long.

"Congratulations to my big bro, my beautiful sister in-law Mrs. Brown. May yall continue to love/cherish each other like yall been doing for the last decade plus"

Im leaving out a sentence or two but that was pretty much it, shyt we gotta get back to :dj2:. The thing about being the brother is you're not expected to tell "stories" and shyt like that, thats expected outta his friends usually

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
I saw a hilarious ice breaker a few years ago. The best man that went up wasn't big on public speaking either but the way he opened it, he couldn't fail after that.

He mentioned how as a best man it's only fair to let out all the secrets of the groom so that the bride is prepared for what she got herself into.

Dude whipped out one of them old school scrolls and let it roll along the floor. Started reading shyt out in point form. They were mostly one liner lies about the groom (ie: fake guilty pleasures) but shyt was funny as hell.

stock-photo-305011-old-scroll-wide.jpg

Allowed him to get a few good laughs in (definitely helped calm him down too), and then just went into the traditional 'how beautiful the bride is' 'being happy for both' 'honoured to be apart of this great day/night' 'wishing them the best' etc etc. You don't need it to be long. Just quick, memorable, funny and sweet, and you're good to roll. He was done in about 5 minutes but I'll never forget it.

deeznutsyo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ::ohlawd::wow::leon::ooh:
I saw a hilarious ice breaker a few years ago. The best man that went up wasn't big on public speaking either but the way he opened it, he couldn't fail after that.

He mentioned how as a best man it's only fair to let out all the secrets of the groom so that the bride is prepared for what she got herself into.

Dude whipped out one of them old school scrolls and let it roll along the floor. Started reading shyt out in point form. They were mostly one liner lies about the groom (ie: fake guilty pleasures) but shyt was funny as hell.

stock-photo-305011-old-scroll-wide.jpg

Allowed him to get a few good laughs in (definitely helped calm him down too), and then just went into the traditional 'how beautiful the bride is' 'being happy for both' 'honoured to be apart of this great day/night' 'wishing them the best' etc etc. You don't need it to be long. Just quick, memorable, funny and sweet, and you're good to roll. He was done in about 5 minutes but I'll never forget it.

:heh:

deeznutsyo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why everyone only saying a minute? I've been to a couple and most of them were at the shortest like 5-10 mins

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
why everyone only saying a minute? I've been to a couple and most of them were at the shortest like 5-10 mins

Nobody will care breh. It can be a min or 5 min all you gotta do is just get the main point across