Girlhood (french hood film) on Netflix. 95% on RT

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Breh :wow:

shyt felt like a Tupac song for a sec. Although not exact, but had those kinda elements.

The chemistry of these girls were like the women in Set it Off :leon: The main actress did a great job.

The street fights :pachaha:

You've got this interesting coming of age story and then it just shifts into something else :ohhh:

Low key these girls reminded me of girls I knew around middle school/high school. Its all good.....till it aint. :snoop:

Then again...some of its not their fault..:mjcry:

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Saw this somewhere early in '15 and it was good.:ehh:

Girlhood was #BanlieueExcellence. Although many of the events fall in the line of clichés, the movie brushes against the realism of stereotypes while still making the characters feel human. A very effective synth music score sets the mood but particularly noteworthy is that the movie uses a lot of fake-out scenes. Scenes that built up to make you assume one thing is going to happen, but then swerve organically into a different direction. It's noteworthy because often you're happy that the thing you assumed would happen isn't going to happen, but the alternative we get doesn't offer much hope either.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Black people from French speaking countries wouldn't like this like how we don't like tyler Perry films

Behind this film is cac who came up with it

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Its in my queue along with a few other hyped indies

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Black people from French speaking countries wouldn't like this like how we don't like tyler Perry films

Behind this film is cac who came up with it
Yea I saw that :patrice:

But again. The performances seemed so real. The direction was fresh and didn't feel like a french Tyler perry flick :manny:

I guess cause these girls reminded me of people I knew I took to it though. :yeshrug:

Its in my queue along with a few other hyped indies
The music :wow:

Such a good moment. So feel good...and then shyt just dips for them.

:ohlawd: