Ghosts of White People Past: Witnessing White Flight From an Asian Ethnoburb

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For the first time in my life, I am not a racial minority when I move to Johns Creek, Georgia. People from myriad cultures, ethnicities, religions, and nationalities deem this patch of earth home. Persian and Indian markets bookend strip malls. Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Indonesian, Korean, and Chinese restaurants perch on the corners of major intersections.

One blustery winter morning, I tour a preschool for my then-youngest child. The director, a petite woman with light brown hair, greets me warmly in the foyer, hands me a pamphlet describing the classes, the curriculum, the school’s philosophy. At the end of the tour, she asks if I have any questions. I shake my head, thank her for her time, and open the glass door to the parking lot when she calls out in a cautionary tone: “This area has changed quite a bit in the past few years. It’s really, really different.”

I’ve heavily researched this suburban dream of a town, analyzed pertinent school and safety statistics. Her hesitation doesn’t reflect the fruits of my labor.
more......
https://psmag.com/ghosts-of-white-p...om-an-asian-ethnoburb-b550ba986cdb#.73n4bqh1h

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The failure to consider historical and economic factors runs through the book and is one of its most telling weaknesses. Chua and Rubenfeld paint portraits of various groups with the broadest brush imaginable. Appalachians are not successful because they lack “impulse control,” as evidenced by their high rates of obesity. And even White Anglo Saxon Protestants are supposedly losing their Triple Package edge: Thanks in part to the 1990s’ self-esteem movement, WASPs aren’t as hungry as they used to be, accelerating the decline of U.S. culture.
Book Review: ‘Tiger Mom’: Some ethnic groups arm kids better for success - The Portland Press Herald

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
Nora’s good at math. There are too many kids here good at math. They’re affecting her self-esteem.

Asian parents take their kids for extra tutoring. It’s not fair for the “regular” kids.

The high school is too competitive. My kids won’t get into a good college because of all of the Asians.

Cacs can't handle it that we're smarter than them :laff: :deadmanny:

This is what racism & anti-immigration ultimately boils down to: fear of competition. Cacs know they're full of shyt, that they're lazy, entitled, and not half as talented as they like to imagine themselves as. And they fear the competition from people who are not lazy, entitled, and untalented.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
She criticizes “liberal whites” but this red and blue neighborhood detector says that Johns Creek is all red.

Reddit poster says same thing.

4OVLKQc.gif

What does the representative of the county have to do with the racial makeup of the said county tho?!? White people leaving because they wanted to...

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like west side of Plano. People move in from all over the country then find out there are lots of East Asians and Indians and complain parks and stuff having lots of Asians then move out to Frisco and Prosper(further out suburbs than Plano)

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
They don't care that much though. Soon as a whites move out Asians steamroll in that bytch and give no ducks about it being all Asian