Getting into a bunch of activities at once?

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
Although I’m planning on working two jobs this summer, I also plan on being more active than I ever been. Being unemployed for the last couple months put me out of shape. I’m planning on doing lifting 3 times a week, getting into boxing two-three times a week, and at least an hour of basketball a week.

Anyone ever set themselves up to be this active before? I don’t normally play ball nor have I ever boxed before, so both of these gonna be new to me. But I’m single now so I have all the time in the world to put towards shyt I never had the time for before.

killacal

Banned
Daps
Although I’m planning on working two jobs this summer, I also plan on being more active than I ever been. Being unemployed for the last couple months put me out of shape. I’m planning on doing lifting 3 times a week, getting into boxing two-three times a week, and at least an hour of basketball a week.

Anyone ever set themselves up to be this active before? I don’t normally play ball nor have I ever boxed before, so both of these gonna be new to me. But I’m single now so I have all the time in the world to put towards shyt I never had the time for before.
Fail brehs:mjlol:

killacal

Banned
Daps
:yeshrug: Still rather try. There’s folks out there that do way more. Trying to change my whole steelo around, really. Become more disciplined. Laugh if you want though
I'm laughing at your misguided attempts
You so desperate to glow up after your breakup you aren't even being rational:dahell:

How you gonna plan to do a bunch of shyt you've never done before:mindblown:

Read the art of war :ufdup:then revisit your plans:demonic:

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
I'm laughing at your misguided attempts
You so desperate to glow up after your breakup you aren't even being rational:dahell:

:russ: It’s less about the glow up and regaining the health I’ve lost over the couple months. Loss 10+ lbs. of muscle.

How you gonna plan to do a bunch of shyt you've never done before:mindblown:

By... starting? You do shyt by.. doing. Believe it or not.

Read the art of war :ufdup:then revisit your plans:demonic:

The go-to book for black people when they want to show their intellectual card? Yeah I’ve read it

killacal

Banned
Daps
:russ: It’s less about the glow up and regaining the health I’ve lost over the couple months. Loss 10+ lbs. of muscle.

By... starting? You do shyt by.. doing. Believe it or not.

The go-to book for black people when they want to show their intellectual card? Yeah I’ve read it

Lying ass insecure fat bytch no wonder why ya bytch left:ohhh:
Intellectual card?:gucci:
Its a book about planning something your fat dry dikk having ass is clearly lacking:mjlol:

Black people huh:mjpls:

Id tell you to play with yo bytch but you don't have one:russ:

Negged cac i hope your bytch gets tag teamed by some nikkas tonight:umad:

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
:mjlol:

Lying ass insecure fat bytch no wonder why ya bytch left:ohhh:
Intellectual card?:gucci:
Its a book about planning something your fat dry dikk having ass is clearly lacking:mjlol:

Black people huh:mjpls:

Id tell you to play with yo bytch but you don't have one:russ:

Negged cac i hope your bytch gets tag teamed by some nikkas tonight:umad:

Lol damn you went in :russ:

I was being largely sarcastic with my comment regarding the Art of War. I just don’t like when people jump to that book as a reference for good life advice because everyone done read it already. Still it’s a good read and all, but I’d rather get put on to something new.

And nah I’m not a cac, don’t take shyt so seriously :mjlol:. It’s just light convo on a forum.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Never mind him. It's good to be active, regardless of the reason. What is your goal with this new activity though? That much activity is going to be hard to recover from if you're looking to gain muscle or lose weight. If you just want to lose weight I'd probably keep the lifting light... you could probably just do chinups, dips, leg press, hamstring curls and upright rows 3x/week and be fine.

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
Never mind him. It's good to be active, regardless of the reason. What is your goal with this new activity though? That much activity is going to be hard to recover from if you're looking to gain muscle or lose weight. If you just want to lose weight I'd probably keep the lifting light... you could probably just do chinups, dips, leg press, hamstring curls and upright rows 3x/week and be fine.

Gain muscle/weight. I done lost a good amount.

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
Then put all that boxing/basketball shyt to the side............

Even for fun? I just wanna do those because I always wanted to/cardio. I know folks who’ve still managed to bulk despite being amateur fighters. I know they say you should cut down cardio when bulking but I still wanna try just for the workout. I only plan on doing it twice a week while working out thrice-four times a week. Basically lifting 3-4 times, boxing two times, and basketball once a week

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Even for fun? I just wanna do those because I always wanted to/cardio. I know folks who’ve still managed to bulk despite being amateur fighters. I know they say you should cut down cardio when bulking but I still wanna try just for the workout. I only plan on doing it twice a week while working out thrice-four times a week. Basically lifting 3-4 times, boxing two times, and basketball once a week
It's just a lot to do, with not a lot of recovery time. It's a lot less ideal than I think is reasonable. But at the end of the day, you should try it and see what happens. It's better to do something less than perfect that you enjoy and can stick to than a perfect program you hate.

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
It's just a lot to do, with not a lot of recovery time. It's a lot less ideal than I think is reasonable. But at the end of the day, you should try it and see what happens. It's better to do something less than perfect that you enjoy and can stick to than a perfect program you hate.

Wow, didn’t even consider recovery time. Forgot how integral that is.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Lift with less time in between sets...........................Cardio solved

Last edited: