George R.R. Martin's 'Wild Cards' Novels Being Adapted to TV

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
tumblr_obk599MA1x1s5zf6fo1_1280.jpg

“Game of Thrones” author George R.R. Martin has revealed that NBCUniversal’s Universal Cable Productions (UCP) has acquired the rights to the long-running Wild Cards series of anthologies and mosaic novels for television. Development will begin immediately on what they hope will be the first of several interlocking series. Melinda M. Snodgrass, Martin’s assistant editor and “right-hand man” on Wild Cards since its inception, the creator of Dr. Tachyon, Double Helix, and Franny Black, and a seasoned television writer/ producer whose credits include “Star Trek: The Next Generation (“Measure of a Man”), “Reasonable Doubts,” “The Profiler,” and “Star Command,” is attached as an executive producer on the project, together with Gregory Noveck of RED, Slow Learner, and Syfy Films. Martin will not be involved due to his overall deal with HBO and he is writing “The Winds of Winter.”

The shared world of the Wild Cards diverged from our own on September 15, 1946 when an alien virus was released in the skies over Manhattan, and spread across an unsuspecting Earth. Of those infected, 90% died horribly, drawing the black queen, 9% were twisted and deformed into jokers, while a lucky 1% became blessed with extraordinary and unpredictable powers and became aces. The world was never the same.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I was hoping that if Wild Cards got picked up that it would be by HBO. Wonder if Universal is developing this for NBC or for one of their cable channels like USA or SyFy?