George Carlin vs. Dave Chappelle career trajectory, the best may be ahead.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
With the release of The Dreamer, his 8th special, I see alot of the usual comparisons between the two GOATS for better and worse.

If you watched George Carlin's The American Dream you got to see the evolition of one of the greatest comedians of all time from a simple jester, to a philsopher and a poet. He was good at his craft long before he solidified his legend but didn't really find his authentic voice until he was 55 years old and on his 8th special, 1992's Jammin in new york.

Before that he had a lot of critics and fans who dropped off as he got less cute & clever and became more nilisitic, crude and critical of the "american dream" he had given up on trying to create for himself. From there, already with a great body of work behind him he went on to put out his best/most memorable material well into his 60's.

When I hear people compare Dave to Carlin to his detriment, they are usually comparing the trancendant era of Carlins work to the phase of his career that Dave is in now, just reaching his 8'th special at age 50.

I see more simularities than I see differences. I think Dave is going through a similar period where some of his fans who prefer Tyrone Biggums type bits to storytelling and social commentary are ready drop off. Dave could fall completely off from this point and still be considered the GOAT. Or he could very well just be getting started,

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Carlin isn't stand-ups goat. Chappelle juSt rants about trannies

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
george carlin is your typical reddit atheist
and dave Chappelle is now your typical twitter troll

neither are that funny

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Dave needs to drop the tranny shyt, his take is not original or creative and he doesn't have anything new or funny to say about that topic, he literally keeps going on that shyt because they told him he shouldn't.

Agreed. I used to love Dave's stuff but I don't care about trans people to the point where I want to listen to him rail on them for almost 40 minutes in a set. It's stale. He's made his point, he needs to move on.