Generation Iron

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I just saw this documentary and aside from Mickey Rourke's terrible narrating, I really liked it.

Gives you a bit of an inside look at body builders and their mindset.
The doc profiles several guys as they prepare for the Mr Olympia competition.

Check it out brehs

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nobody saw this?
I gotta admit I came out of it rooting for Kai Greene.
Kinda felt like Phil Heath is a jerk. But his physique is impressive as hell

Jigganaut

Sick of you nigg@s
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hampton VA Pull up
I enjoyed it my damn self. It was definitely set up to make you dislike Phil Heath and have Kai look like the poor urban under dog.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I enjoyed it my damn self. It was definitely set up to make you dislike Phil Heath and have Kai look like the poor urban under dog.
True.
It wasn't just that Phil had the better body. He did. But Phil also had that swagger on stage. I felt like his confidence was the edge. But I could see Kai winning one day.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Maybe this is better if moved to The Gym forum?
@cook

Not sure who the mod is.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Originally posted in the film room but probably best suited for the gym.

hypo666

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems to me , bodybuilding these days is much more a chemistry experiment,than it was in the old days... And also, the bodybuilders in pumping iron ,the sport was kind of a fun lifestyle and the bodies looked attractive and more attainable with hard work( obviously they weren't natural either ,but the comparison between then and now is night and day). and also you would want to attain those bodies back in the seventies, they stand up today. The guy who runs my gym , was on a stage with arnold several times, Arnold went to party several streets away from me when he lived the UK, They had some laughs. Arnold really was a fun guy to go out drinking with.

I can kind of imagine, the guys in generation iron, it is like a full time job to them, And theres those videos on you tube of current generation bodybuilders , at pool parties and people seem to shy away from them, when the likes of arnold, frank zane, serge nubret went to those pool parties women would fawn all over them. Back in the time of pumping iron,arnold referred to a bodybuilder as similar to an artist, and in actual fact, it was artists from local art galleries who bankrolled pumping iron and saved it as they ran out of money, does art, have any place in modern bodybuilding these days?Thats the main problem it's all about size and freakishness, art has lost it's influence.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nobody seemed happy in it. Watch Pumping Iron (I think it is still on Netflix) and then watch Generation Iron
Maybe you're right. I think the guys seemed sad because it's hard work and not winning Mr Olympia sucks.

I mean if you put everything you had into something and you didn't achieve your goal, it would get you down too. No?

Plus those injuries...the public's opinion of you...I imagine it's hard breh.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe you're right. I think the guys seemed sad because it's hard work and not winning Mr Olympia sucks.

I mean if you put everything you had into something and you didn't achieve your goal, it would get you down too. No?

Plus those injuries...the public's opinion of you...I imagine it's hard breh.
The amount of drugs these guys take now to achieve their cartoonish proportions must f'd with their psyche or something, and their lack of camaraderie between them makes them loners.

Compared to the 70s where they were in competition with each other, but they still helped, partied, eat, and traveled with each other creating a bond between people who shared a common interest.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Seems to me , bodybuilding these days is much more a chemistry experiment,than it was in the old days... And also, the bodybuilders in pumping iron ,the sport was kind of a fun lifestyle and the bodies looked attractive and more attainable with hard work( obviously they weren't natural either ,but the comparison between then and now is night and day). and also you would want to attain those bodies back in the seventies, they stand up today. The guy who runs my gym , was on a stage with arnold several times, Arnold went to party several streets away from me when he lived the UK, They had some laughs. Arnold really was a fun guy to go out drinking with.

I can kind of imagine, the guys in generation iron, it is like a full time job to them, And theres those videos on you tube of current generation bodybuilders , at pool parties and people seem to shy away from them, when the likes of arnold, frank zane, serge nubret went to those pool parties women would fawn all over them. Back in the time of pumping iron,arnold referred to a bodybuilder as similar to an artist, and in actual fact, it was artists from local art galleries who bankrolled pumping iron and saved it as they ran out of money, does art, have any place in modern bodybuilding these days?Thats the main problem it's all about size and freakishness, art has lost it's influence.

Please change your current avatar picture to something less offensive. No need to respond to me.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
the game is regressing
as long as those guts keep growing shyt is a dub

phil is iight but I don't know these days most competitors look shytty IMO*

blame ronnie**