General Trump Administration F**kery Thread

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:heh: hell no, which is why i'm not really stressing this issue right now. The GOP will try their plan, which will invariably fail, and then I think in 4 years if the economy tanks there might be enough political will to push Universal though. Trump entertained the idea in the primaries and the ascendent progressive wing of the Democratic party are for it. It naturally slots in with his populist framework, like his infrastructure plan.

How To Fix The Trump Infrastructure Plan

His infrastructure plan is a scam

You really need to stop taking Trump seriously :dead:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
How To Fix The Trump Infrastructure Plan

His infrastructure plan is a scam

You really need to stop taking Trump seriously :dead:
The article doesn't say it's a scam, it's saying the privatization aspect of the plan needs to include caveats so as to target new developments, non-revenue producing programs and recurrent programs. I'm not an infrastructure expert, but what this guy said makes sense to me. Y'all kept saying "stop taking Trump seriously" for the past year, and look where we are now.

My points are less about the competency of Trump the individual and more about the forces of history. Politics isn't a one man act, it's a tapestry of ideas and contexts that allow for those ideas to be acted upon. I don't trust Trump to push for universal healthcare, I trust the recession to necessitate it.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The article doesn't say it's a scam, it's saying the privatization aspect of the plan needs to include caveats so as to target new developments, non-revenue producing programs and recurrent programs. I'm not an infrastructure expert, but what this guy said makes sense to me. Y'all kept saying "stop taking Trump seriously" for the past year, and look where we are now.

My points are less about the competency of Trump the individual and more about the forces of history. Politics isn't a one man act, it's a tapestry of ideas and contexts that allow for those ideas to be acted upon. I don't trust Trump to push for universal healthcare, I trust the recession to necessitate it.

:mjlol: How do you expect to privatize to a third party and expect them not to target their bottom line?

As a private company, the whole point of taking on this role is to increase financial capital. You cant privatize and then tell a firm. "You can't make money"

We already had a recession and no universal healthcare. What pattern in history says any different?

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
:mjlol: How do you expect to privatize to a third party and expect them not to target their bottom line?

As a private company, the whole point of taking on this role is to increase financial capital. You cant privatize and then tell a firm. "You can't make money"

The article you linked addressed this.

While civil servants usually do ordinary operation and maintenance, private companies are also typically engaged for structural maintenance. So the idea of a “public” project is a myth. Since Margaret Thatcher got tired of builders abusing her government with delays, change orders and other profit strategies leading to the creation of the UK Private Finance Initiative–the “PFI”–the global best practice standard for the development of large and complex infrastructure projects is a model that includes an element of direct private sector investment to at least try to keep the private parties’ interests aligned with the public and engaged beyond the completion date. This is the best practice standard everywhere but in the United States.
But there are very simple ways to attract private investment to un-tolled assets. Government leases or use agreements, “availability payments” as they are often known, provide a payment by the government unit to the private investor for the ongoing availability of the physical asset or service in good order—a well maintained road or bridge or a well run rail system—and these payments are funded with general government revenue, mostly taxes. There is no free lunch. The public pays for all infrastructure, whether through taxes, user fees or indirectly through increased cost in goods or services.

We already had a recession and no universal healthcare. What pattern in history says any different?
I believe Obama had a mandate to push for universal, but both his negotiation tactics and neoliberal philosophy neutered that opportunity. In this way, he's a totally different animal than Bernie Sanders or Liz Warren. The political environment in 2008 is quite different than it is now in 2016. There is now a foothold on both ends of the political spectrum pushing populism. The centre is being squeezed.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Clean up Washington by appointing Turkeyface wife, who was under the Bush administion, breh. I guess he just wants to do 4 years. Democrats hate him. The Establishment hates him. Stick a fork in this niguh he continues in this vein.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Donald Trump Chooses Tom Price as Health Secretary

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/28/us/politics/tom-price-secretary-health-and-human-services.html

WASHINGTON — If President-elect Donald J. Trump wanted a cabinet secretary who could help him dismantle and replace President Obama’s health care law, he could not have found anyone more prepared than Representative Tom Price, who has been studying how to accomplish that goal for more than six years.

Mr. Price, an orthopedic surgeon who represents many of the northern suburbs of Atlanta, speaks with the self-assurance of a doctor about to perform another joint-replacement procedure. He knows the task and will proceed with brisk efficiency.

Mr. Trump has selected Mr. Price, a six-term Republican congressman, to be secretary of health and human services, according to a transition team official.

Also on Monday, Mr. Trump met with David H. Petraeus, the highly decorated but scandal-scarred former military commander, who has emerged as a new contender for secretary of state.

Let's look at his history:

• Voted YES on banning federal health coverage that includes abortion. (May 2011)
  • Prohibit federal funding for abortion. (May 2011)
  • Prohibit federal funding to groups like Planned Parenthood. (Jan 2011)
  • No family planning assistance that includes abortion. (Jan 2013)
  • Grant the pre-born equal protection under 14th Amendment. (Jan 2007)
  • Voted NO on reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act. (Feb 2013)
  • Voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination based on sexual orientation. (Nov 2007)
  • Voted YES on Constitutionally defining marriage as one-man-one-woman. (Jul 2006)
  • Voted NO on expanding the Children's Health Insurance Program. (Jan 2009)
  • Voted YES on overriding veto on expansion of Medicare. (Jul 2008)
  • Voted NO on giving mental health full equity with physical health. (Mar 2008)
  • Voted NO on Veto override: Extend SCHIP to cover 6M more kids. (Jan 2008)
  • Voted NO on adding 2 to 4 million children to SCHIP eligibility. (Oct 2007)
  • Voted NO on requiring negotiated Rx prices for Medicare part D. (Jan 2007)
  • Voted YES on denying non-emergency treatment for lack of Medicare co-pay. (Feb 2006)
  • Repeal any federal health care takeover. (Jul 2010)
  • Deauthorize funding for Obamacare. (Jul 2010)
  • Repeal the Job-Killing Health Care Law. (Jan 2011)
Another establishment Republican. A pretty gross one at that. Things are fukked.

@King Kreole

What's happening, man? Why is this anti-establishment guy packing his cabinet with so many establishment dupes?
Wow fukk this dude....
Dude is callous as heck

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/28/us/politics/tom-price-secretary-health-and-human-services.html

WASHINGTON — If President-elect Donald J. Trump wanted a cabinet secretary who could help him dismantle and replace President Obama’s health care law, he could not have found anyone more prepared than Representative Tom Price, who has been studying how to accomplish that goal for more than six years.

Mr. Price, an orthopedic surgeon who represents many of the northern suburbs of Atlanta, speaks with the self-assurance of a doctor about to perform another joint-replacement procedure. He knows the task and will proceed with brisk efficiency.

Mr. Trump has selected Mr. Price, a six-term Republican congressman, to be secretary of health and human services, according to a transition team official.

Also on Monday, Mr. Trump met with David H. Petraeus, the highly decorated but scandal-scarred former military commander, who has emerged as a new contender for secretary of state.

Let's look at his history:

• Voted YES on banning federal health coverage that includes abortion. (May 2011)
  • Prohibit federal funding for abortion. (May 2011)
  • Prohibit federal funding to groups like Planned Parenthood. (Jan 2011)
  • No family planning assistance that includes abortion. (Jan 2013)
  • Grant the pre-born equal protection under 14th Amendment. (Jan 2007)
  • Voted NO on reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act. (Feb 2013)
  • Voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination based on sexual orientation. (Nov 2007)
  • Voted YES on Constitutionally defining marriage as one-man-one-woman. (Jul 2006)
  • Voted NO on expanding the Children's Health Insurance Program. (Jan 2009)
  • Voted YES on overriding veto on expansion of Medicare. (Jul 2008)
  • Voted NO on giving mental health full equity with physical health. (Mar 2008)
  • Voted NO on Veto override: Extend SCHIP to cover 6M more kids. (Jan 2008)
  • Voted NO on adding 2 to 4 million children to SCHIP eligibility. (Oct 2007)
  • Voted NO on requiring negotiated Rx prices for Medicare part D. (Jan 2007)
  • Voted YES on denying non-emergency treatment for lack of Medicare co-pay. (Feb 2006)
  • Repeal any federal health care takeover. (Jul 2010)
  • Deauthorize funding for Obamacare. (Jul 2010)
  • Repeal the Job-Killing Health Care Law. (Jan 2011)
Another establishment Republican. A pretty gross one at that. Things are fukked.

@King Kreole

What's happening, man? Why is this anti-establishment guy packing his cabinet with so many establishment dupes?

Medicare and Medicaid on the chopping privatization block

This might be a moment that can mobilize millions