Gaming with your kids/LTTP: Scott Pilgrim vs The World

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
This game was not even on my radar to play today. I was supposed to play Mario Tennis but anyways, some backstory.

I bought this game when it came out on the 360. Any game worth its wait in salt that is River City Ransom like is always going to get a look from me. So, I bought it but with the deluge of games that was out at the time, it fell to the scrap heap of the dreaded "I'll get to you one day, month, year" backlog.

Fast forward to a week ago

My soon to be 4 year old son is a bit of a gamer. He loves Burnout Paradise for the crashes, Assassin's Creed Black Flag for sailing and Crackdown with Keys to the City DLC so he can just jump from building to building. Eclectic favorite games but easy to find for him on the Xbox One. Anyways, while on my tablet, he comes across Double Dragon and falls in love with the game. That game that took quarters from me in the arcade is now something of my son's fancy. So, thinking there could be something there to try to replicate on the big screen, I'm thinking, what is good for us to try since this is in essence, a multiplayer game. Battletoads on Rare Replay? Nope. TMNT: Turtles in Time? He is a Turtles fan but I wasn't feeling it. Then it hit me today, Scott Pilgrim with the graphical style and co-op play would be perfect. Unbeknownst to me with his observant self, he instantly recognized the UBI boot video as the same as Assassin's Creed so he was already at ease.

Two hour later, I had the day that I'd remember forever that I'm sure will be a fleeting moment in his mind. Laughter about flying pigs, throwing snowballs and dinosaurs spitting fire at us. Can't forget the ninjas either. Anyways, this is an awesome game. Not perfect but damn is it enjoyable. I turned the game difficulty down and kicked some ex-boyfriends asses with my son

Fun day, fun game.