Games With The Worst Progression System/Lamest Upgrades?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
a lotta modern faux-RPG's like Redfall & Gotham Knights has shyt like incremental stat increases (example, 5% increase in headshot damage or something) in place of real upgrades :coffee: if a game ain't giving me more options in combat/movement with it's upgrade system, then it's a lame system imo

even so, I remember in one of the Prototype games you had to spend skill points to unlock basic shyt like a dodge roll. I hate when developers take basic controls away from you (especially movement options) just to force some lame upgrade system you :dry:

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
My answer to this will always be zelda which is why I never truly fell in love with the series (I only really like LTTP)

Even with all the upgrades you always feel like you're the same from start to finish, and the combat system is basic, so the only thing that got better is your personal knowledge of how to fight enemies, not necessarily Link himself.

Even metroid does a better job of making samus feel like a really powerful character by the end of the game.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Most any game with “RPG elements” and loot that aren’t actually RPG games.

None of it can be very meaningful because the game is designed for one path and outcome as opposed to the player playing a “roll” and using the equipment as they see fit.