Game of Thrones - HBO TV Series Spinoffs (Updates/From George RR Martin)

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

We’re about to enter a new year, which means that A Song of Ice and Fire fans get to ask themselves an eternal question anew: will this be the year that George R.R. Martin finally finishes The Winds of Winter, the long-awaited sixth book in his series?

Your guess is as good as mine, although the author assured fans that he’s working on it in a recent blog post. He also talked a bit about the various Game of Thrones spinoffs in the works at HBO. We already know about House of the Dragon, of course, but there are others in the works, including an adaptation of Martin’s Dunk & Egg novellas and even a Jon Snow show that would pick up after the end of Game of Thrones.

…that is, if HBO greenlights it, which Martin takes care to say hasn’t happened. HBO hasn’t given the go-ahead to anything yet beyond House of the Dragon, but Martin is holding out hope:

Some of those are moving faster than others, as is always the case with development. None have been greenlit yet, though we are hoping… maybe soon. A couple have been shelved, but I would not agree that they are dead. You can take something off the shelf as easily as you can put it on the shelf. All the changes at HBO Max have impacted us, certainly.
By “the changes at HBO Max,” Martin is likely referring to recent moves made by HBO’s parent company Warner Bros. Discovery to remove select shows from the streaming service, including once-prominent ones like Westworld. With Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav in charge, it’s less likely that HBO will take big swings on expensive fantasy series going forward. But considering how successful Game of Thrones was, and how well the first season of House of the Dragon was received, I’m betting they’ll greenlight at least one more spinoff, maybe sooner than we think.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
First men and children of the forest needs to be a spin-off, love Jon but ain’t trying to see him living with wildlings doing what?
Drinking, Fighting, & fukking :ahh:

tumblr_inline_o7aspsVEDp1rx6dqh_250.gif

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Lol, so he gonna battle Sansa for winterfell then kill bran for the iron throne?
Bran could easily be viewed as a villian in that story…onlyissue is if not done right, you further complicate things cause you can ruin jons character.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I don’t think you set up any believable story where Jon turns against Bran, let alone actually wants the throne
Yup basically, thats why i dont think it will happen. But this show was his idea and if the army of the dead isn’t involved, and they shouldnt be, i love me some Jon Snow, but this show might be a bad idea. We know too much about his morals, so going after his brother (not technically) wont make sense esp cause he doesnt want the god damn throne. So should this get made im interested to see what the arch is for his character.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I just wish he'd tell us if he plans on finishing it..or if it's finished and it will be released after he dies.

I just don't want my hopes up with "I just finished a major pov chapter:troll: ".

I wonder if due to the tv show ending the way it did
.I wonder if he switched the ending to where the story can thus continue..

Meaning the whitewalkers won't be defeated and thus the lore can be further explored.

:lupe:

Realistically he probably wrote himself into a knot and lost passion for the story.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
fukk a Jon snow show..his career ain't hitting like he thought and he is the one pushing for it.

I'd rather follow Arya as she explores a new continent. Or better yet YI TI..

A show based on ancient China like empire would print 💰.

Either way I hope they do right by adding in more black characters.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I don’t think you set up any believable story where Jon turns against Bran, let alone actually wants the throne
Not to mention if those actors want to come back to the show.

Any show set would have to be like 30+ years into the future so we can get new characters and stories to explore ..that way we don't have to rely on bringing back actors who may not want to come back.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not to mention if those actors want to come back to the show.

Any show set would have to be like 30+ years into the future so we can get new characters and stories to explore ..that way we don't have to rely on bringing back actors who may not want to come back.

I'm with that actually.

They just have to bring in competent writers.

They always blame not having source material as the problem as if they aren't fuggin TV show writers. As if TV shows don't make up stories everyday. If they bring in good writers, they can do a show set in the future :manny: