Game Development and Behind the Scenes Videos

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I been on a YouTube binge watching documentaries and behind the scenes footage on game development and this shyt got me :whoo::whew:

Making games is a crazy undertaking and putting all the parts together to make something great is an incredible accomplishment. Corporate suits and shareholders aside, we need to put respect on all the devs, artists, actors, directors, engineers, etc who help make this medium so great and continue to push the bar :wow:

Let this thread be an archive for all the arcadium heads to compile and discuss their favorite videos on game design/development :blessed:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Not behind the scenes footage, but its commentary from the devs during a playthrough discussing why they designed things a certain way, how they made shyt happen, issues that arose, and poking fun at their own work

I really wish we had gotten one for Halo 3:mjcry:

Cool to hear how they mitigated for inferior hardware to make animations work and shyt like that.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Not behind the scenes footage, but its commentary from the devs during a playthrough discussing why they designed things a certain way, how they made shyt happen, issues that arose, and poking fun at their own work

I really wish we had gotten one for Halo 3:mjcry:

Cool to hear how they mitigated for inferior hardware to make animations work and shyt like that.

I’ll have to find the vid, but I remember watching some clip on Halo: ODST and the devs said that MS told them to pump out another halo game in a short amount of time saying “Just make the levels backwards and at night” :dead: which led to them making it a more realistic, down to earth halo game while reusing a ton of old assets and stuff. Devs said it was the most fun they had making a halo game because there wasn’t nearly as much commercial pressure and they just got to have fun with it