fukka FitBit

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
Damn did I make a mistake getting one of these. This shyt cost me $150 and its accuracy is absolutely disgraceful. I'm getting my steps counted when I'm sleeping? :dahell:

I felt good about myself and wanted to pat myself on the back when I found out I supposedly walked 12.000 steps and saw that I burned an extra 1,000 calories or so on top of my daily expenditure. Boy was I wrong. :snoop:

People are really getting taken for a loop here. This is one of the most leading devices on the market, if not THE best and it's horrible as shyt.

I take this diet shyt seriously, and I wanted to track my heart rate amongst other things but even that was iffy. And the thing isn't even water proof. :why:

If you're thinking of getting FitBit, steer clear!

And I didn't even get an older model either, I got the most recent state of the art version that came out like a week ago, the charge 2, and it's still trash :mjlol:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I honestly don't get it either.

Meal prep and tracking calories is aprox 958 times more effective than counting your fukking steps

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn did I make a mistake getting one of these. This shyt cost me $150 and its accuracy is absolutely disgraceful. I'm getting my steps counted when I'm sleeping? :dahell:

I felt good about myself and wanted to pat myself on the back when I found out I supposedly walked 12.000 steps and saw that I burned an extra 1,000 calories or so on top of my daily expenditure. Boy was I wrong. :snoop:

People are really getting taken for a loop here. This is one of the most leading devices on the market, if not THE best and it's horrible as shyt.

I take this diet shyt seriously, and I wanted to track my heart rate amongst other things but even that was iffy. And the thing isn't even water proof. :why:

And I didn't even get an older model either, I got the most recent state of the art version that came out like a week ago, the charge 2, and it's still trash :mjlol:

Polar. And its not even close.

I was listening to a broad I know saying her fitbit was counting steps when she was showering. This other dude was :cape:hard and
full
"The movements you make are the caloric equivalent to a step, therefore even if you are in place if you are moving you are getting as much exercise as walking around"

meanwhile everyone in earshot is like
a1093506_tumblr_m7e6nhXTxj1r5pin2o1_400.gif

Its tough to complain because our work bought a bunch in bulk and will give them out for raffles and shyt.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps

my girlfriend's mother brought one for me last christmas, the flex. as a gift, it's the best but i don't know if i would have paid what you paid to get the results i'm getting. however, it's cool because if you log everything you do; water, food, workouts, weigh in regularly and do it properly, you'll get decent stats. also, certain other apps are starting to integrate the fitbit. like i have this mind+body app where i book my times at different gyms and now it syncs with fitbit so my stats from those workout are factored in. but i do wonder how accurate fitbit is in general when it comes to measuring things. like i run 3 miles about every other day along with a stretch/short cardio routine with it and it measure my caloric burn way too low especially given the distance, conditions (i'm in new orleans, it's humid and boiling hot) and my heart rate goes into cardio for over half an hour just from the run.

a trainer on periscope recommended the atlas to me because it keeps workout stats more accurately. like you can load how many sit up you did and it calculates. all of them have flaws, imho. but the way i came into my fitbit makes it a nice accessory. i'm curious about paying for the full version, i wonder if i'd get good advice from the analyzations

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I just got one the other day. I'm cool with it. I did have the :dwillhuh: the other day when I woke up and saw that I had already logged like 200 steps lol. I'm nursing an injury so I'm taking a break from the gym, and I'm going away for my anniversary this weekend, so I'll really get serious about the tracking when I get back and dial in my diet and gym routine again.

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
I just got one the other day. I'm cool with it. I did have the :dwillhuh: the other day when I woke up and saw that I had already logged like 200 steps lol. I'm nursing an injury so I'm taking a break from the gym, and I'm going away for my anniversary this weekend, so I'll really get serious about the tracking when I get back and dial in my diet and gym routine again.

Breh if you want to get serious with your diet download MyFitnessPal. I live by that s***. I've been losing 2 pounds every week by logging my stuff and getting an accurate portrayal of my calorie intake.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Breh if you want to get serious with your diet download MyFitnessPal. I live by that s***. I've been losing 2 pounds every week by logging my stuff and getting an accurate portrayal of my calorie intake.

Yeah, I had forgotten about that. I don't eat a whole lot as it is, since doing intermittent fasting I've gotten to where a protein green shake and a good sized keto meal will keep me good. I just started on the IF/Keto kick, and I'm really digging it. But it will help to get an accurate reading of my calorie intake. :salute: for the suggestion

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
I love my Fitbit Charge HR. I think it's pretty accurate and I've dropped about 15 pounds since I've got it. It makes me want to do better and push myself to do better. I'm sure it's not a 100% accurate, but for me it's close enough that it gives me a good gauge because the results are consistent. I've seen plenty of results using it. I'm not much of a runner, but when I do my 5 mile runs and I push myself hard it always throws my Heart Rate at Peak Zone for almost the whole run. Rest of the run is usually in the cardio zone. If I take it easier it notices that too.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I just bought it too and it seems ok though not 100% accurate. It definitely does the motion to step/calorie conversion because I can walk 100 steps while having my hand up in the motion like I'm looking at the watch and the steps barely change.

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
I've had it for four month and it's really not that great... the activity tracker was low from the very start

And if I am in an area where there is not a good signal, it won't sync to my phone and it will log that I have been stationary for 7 hours :martin:... how did I go from 3k to 9k steps if I was stationary for those 7 hours :martin:

My frien called Fitbit with her complaints and they sent her a replacement... I might go ahead and do that... but why if it's only good for four months

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
They literally just had a class action suit

LCHB: Comprehensive Testing Confirms Fitbit’s PurePulse™ Heart Rate Monitors “Highly Inaccurate” | Business Wire Comprehensive-Testing-Confirms-Fitbit’s-PurePulse™-Heart-Rate

@Colicat @Golayitdown @jerniebert @Carolina Slim @phourtay

Theres tons of shyt about it. Look up the ceo's statement about it. I'm on my phone but it basically amounted to :manny:

I believe there is some truth behind the article and it may not be 100% accurate in a lot of cases, but for the most part mine has been fairly accurate. I track a lot of my vitals and the heart rate is pretty close to readings I get from other heart rate monitors or even when I go to the doctor. I didn't buy it with the intention that it would be 100% accurate, but more as a tracking system so I have an idea of where I'm at in my fitness goals. Even though it may be off a bit it is very consistent with results, so even if it is off there is still a gauge there for me to work from. Whether it reads high or low I still have a number that I can use as a baseline.