front squat form

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Brehs whats your preferred form for front squats? I tried to do this form today and it felt like my wrists were going to snap and i was damn near choking myself

the-front-squats.jpg

thinking about switching up and doing that cross arm bar

Daps
Reppin
Houston
It's really just a mobility/flexibility thing. I usually use a clean grip like this but with two fingers as opposed to four, as pictured here. The more you work on wrist and upper back mobility the easier it will be. That or just try out Zerchers. Half the gym will probably look at you sideways but it's my favorite squat variation.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs whats your preferred form for front squats? I tried to do this form today and it felt like my wrists were going to snap and i was damn near choking myself

the-front-squats.jpg

thinking about switching up and doing that cross arm bar

It'll take practice but eventually you'll get it. I used to get a lot of wrist paint in the beginning, but the clean form is really like second nature to me now. The more you do them the less you'll feel the choking sensation. After a while you'll put the bar so it rests just below your neckline rather than up against your throat

Like the gentleman above suggested try doing a clean form with your middle and index finger, some people find that easier to get a good set-up. You really want the bar to rest on the crevice of the shoulders rather than you feeling like you have to hold it in your fingers

Zyne

Legend
Supporter
Daps

Remember that the wrists/arms are just there to keep the bar in place, your body is supposed to hold the weight.