Fred Hampton Was Murdered 47 Years Ago Today

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
I remember watching dudes speeches in college. He was only 21 years old when he was murdered by them pigs. When J.Edgar Hoover created COINTELLPRO to stop black movements and prevent the rising of a "Black Messiah" it was cats like Fred Hampton that he had in mind. Dude would've become the biggest black leader of all.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
The top 2 COINTELPRO goals were

1. Prevent the COALITION of militant black nationalist groups. In unity there is strength; a truism that is no less valid for all its triteness. An effective coalition of black nationalist groups might be the first step toward a real "Mau Mau" [Black revolutionary army] in America, the beginning of a true black revolution.

2. Prevent the RISE OF A "MESSIAH" who could unify, and electrify, the militant black nationalist movement. Malcolm X might have been such a "messiah;" he is the martyr of the movement today. Martin Luther King, Stokely Carmichael and Elijah Muhammed all aspire to this position. Elijah Muhammed is less of a threat because of his age. King could be a very real contender for this position should he abandon his supposed "obedience" to "white, liberal doctrines" (nonviolence) and embrace black nationalism. Carmichael has the necessary charisma to be a real threat in this way.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
Hoover was far worse than Castro

220px-Informal_J._Edgar_Hoover_Smile_1940.jpg

In 1969 the FBI special agent in San Francisco wrote Hoover that his investigation of the Black Panther Party (BPP) had concluded that in his city, at least, the Panthers were primarily engaged in feeding breakfast to children. Hoover fired back a memo implying the agent's career goals would be directly affected by his supplying evidence to support Hoover's view that the BPP was "a violence-prone organization seeking to overthrow the Government by revolutionary means

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
We actually cover this dude in one of my African politics classes , FBI feared him the most because he was unifying all the races, not just black. From Latino gangsters to rednecks that were tired of the government. Thats why i never get why black militants are so against uniting people , if you unified all races then you can bring changes instead of making it a "Us vs Them" mentality.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
We actually cover this dude in one of my African politics classes , FBI feared him the most because he was unifying all the races, not just black. From Latino gangsters to rednecks that were tired of the government. Thats why i never get why black militants are so against uniting people , if you unified all races then you can bring changes instead of making it a "Us vs Them" mentality.
That's what Malcolm was trying to do. He announced that he was going to the United Nations to make his case against the way the United States oppressed black folks and he was going to garner support from other world leaders. He was set to do it the week after he was murdered. No way the government was going to allow him to do that.