Fred Astaire Appreciation Thread

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I know this thread will be overlooked but it's long overdue....

Two of the most well known MJ videos because of its choreography and scenery. Lets keep it a bean, MJ does GOAT things...but what if I told you that these videos were homages of movie scenes from a well known actor/dancer/singer...

Meet Fred Astaire:

The man with the golden feet, silky warm vocals, and revolutionary who played a huge part in the golden years of American Cinema. Dude embodied what I love about classic movies.

ScsqeD.gif

Even the GAWD was inspired by Astaire:

Usher: At a young age, 16 or 17, I was introduced to a different style of entertaining outside what I had seen on television or what I had studied or heard about. I knew about it, but I didn't really study it. Josephine Baker, Lena Horne, all those actresses and entertainers. I was introduced to Gene Kelly. I was introduced to Fred Astaire. I was introduced to Ben Vereen, Sammy Davis Jr. who were, in a sense, triple threats. They could sing, dance as well as act. Those people were my motivation to become more involved in the business aspect of it. It makes you a quadruple threat. You've got the singing, acting, the dancing. You get a little business in there and you might have it going on.

images

The GOAT that gave the sauce to your favorite performer :wow: