France marks 175 years since abolishing slavery, Macron visits Louverture's prison cell

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The nerve of him visiting Toussaint's cell. Especially after the racist dog whistle to take heat off the retirement age policy.

He has been a horrible leader of France.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
The nerve of him visiting Toussaint's cell. Especially after the racist dog whistle to take heat off the retirement age policy.

He has been a horrible leader of France.
Yeah, I'm not sure of what this decision was based on. Have family in France, gonna discuss this with them next time we speak.

I do feel that European countries have to reckon with and confront their histories of colonialism and slavery. Much rather that they confront it than to sweep it under the rug.

If you can point me to a regular panel of Haitian + diaspora historians discussing events like this, I'd appreciate it. Could only find journalists talking about the story.

GWO FYETE - MACRON REKONET TOUSSAINT LOUVERTURE - KOMBYE LAJAN FRANCE DWE PEYE AYITI - ABNER GELIN​

HAITIAN PUBLIC MEDIA

Apr 29, 2023

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Macron :mjlol:

Most of the recent french presidents were as dumb as Macron. Macron is a continuation of those same a$$holes. They can't guarantee any security for European region, they fail their own citizens, but somehow they still live in delusion that they are one of the most important players in the global scheme of things :mjlol:

Anglosphere nations been turning their back on french for a while, most of the Europe view Macron as a clown. This is what arrogance gets you into. Macron does not care about anything related to racism, he lives in his own bubble where he's the King of Europe, or whatever.

Wasn't there a french election less than a year ago where he defeated the french version of DeSantis or something like that? Figures why he was re-elected.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
If Macron wanna cough up that $25B and counting he owes Haiti. And update that infrastructure and train the people for free. Then he can visit that cell all he wants. No problems with me.

Otherwise, this some bullshyt on a good day.