Former NBA Player Cliff Robinson Is Now a Marijuana Advocate Going by the Name “Uncle Spliffy”

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Spliff Robinson

Former NBA Player Cliff Robinson Is Now a Marijuana Advocate Going by the Name “Uncle Spliffy”

lg97b4rjznnvfwylsjos.jpg

BY CHRIS YUSCAVAGE

4 HOURS AGO

Video via KOIN 6 News
Surprise! A former NBA player just admitted that he used to smoke marijuanaduring his time in the league.

Er, OK. So that isn’t that surprising. Not surprising at all really (especially when that player was once suspended for failing a drug test). But what is kind of surprising is that the player—Cliff Robinson, who played with the Trail Blazers,Suns, Pistons, Warriors, and Nets during his 18 years in the league—has now rebranded himself as “Uncle Spliffy” and is an advocate for weed. The 49-year-old is planning on serving as a featured speaker at the Cannabis Collaborative Conference next month and recently told KOIN 6 News that, while he feels it was “wrong” for him to smoke weed when he was in the NBA, he sees a lot of advantages to people doing it.

“I think I’ve always been an advocate for cannabis,” he says in the clip above. “It’s calming, calm my stomach, calm my nerves, so from that standpoint, I see a lot of positives.”

You can check out the video to hear him talk more about his love for weed.

Send all complaints, compliments, and tips to sportstips@complex.com.

[via KOIN 6 News]

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
fukk that bum ass nikka cost my Nets a playoff series cause his dumb ass got caught smoking.

YoungSimpson

RIP Strika
Daps
Reppin
GA
Durant without the green light. Hell they eve look alike. Might be his pops. :yeshrug:
We used to argue that Cliff and MJ were related. You couldn't tell us they weren't at least distant cousins.

Craig Mack

New Album in January
Daps
Reppin
East Coast !
:myman:He was getting high with Terry & Clyde before games.

But I'm pretty sure that whole "Portland Jail Blazer" squad was getting high. Except Sabonis, he looks like a snitch
ArvydasSabonis3.jpg

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
:myman:He was getting high with Terry & Clyde before games.

But I'm pretty sure that whole "Portland Jail Blazer" squad was getting high. Except Sabonis, he looks like a snitch
ArvydasSabonis3.jpg

Sabonis look high as fukk in that picture. Stoudamire was the snitch, he got caught with weed. He light skinned and small and knew he wouldn't last in prison :ufdup:, so he cut a deal.

Craig Mack

New Album in January
Daps
Reppin
East Coast !
Sabonis look high as fukk in that picture. Stoudamire was the snitch, he got caught with weed. He light skinned and small and knew he wouldn't last in prison :ufdup:, so he cut a deal.

Na Mighty Mouse was a real one, it was that old cac Chris Dudley

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Just saw uncle cliff on tv for the blazers vs hawks game last night. Dude was a dope role player who had a nice career. Good to see he out here fighting the good fight.:heh: