[Forbes] ‘The First Descendant’ Is Using Barely-Changed ‘Destiny 2’ Icons

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

960x0.png

While The First Descendant is mostly built from Warframe DNA, players have noticed that a number of in-game icons look awfully like ones from Destiny 2. One would be a coincidence, maybe, but there are many, and this is without checking more than a low % of all the icons in the game.

In this case, you can see that there are tiny tweaks to almost all of them, a "copy my homework without making it look like you copied it" type situation, but it's pretty clear that if these weren't flat-out taken from Destiny they were copied almost exactly with those small additions or subtractions added.
While I'm not sure anything else is 1:1 like this in the game, played have noticed a gun that looks a lot like a Destiny 2 design. The gun in question is the Different Dream, which you can see above. And the idea is that it has taken its design aesthetic from the IKELOS series of weapons in Destiny 2, namely the IKELOS sniper:
Generally speaking, The First Descendant feels like an amalgam of a bunch of games with relatively few original concepts. Again, it is at least 85% Warframe DNA in almost every possible way, with more intrusive and expensive microtransactions (though even those are mostly from Warframe too).

I think a lot of this could be overlooked even if the "inspiration" is clear, if you can call it that. But the icons are problematic and I do wonder if Bungie will try to do anything about it. I do not know if other icons may be from other games I don't play. I will continue looking for more comparison points, and submit any you may have to me on Twitter.

I've reached out to Nexon and Bungie for comment, and will update if I hear back.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
It's Nexon, why is anyone surprised? Once I saw who was behind it I already knew what it was:yeshrug:

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
Too bad they couldn't take the A.I. for the adds from D2, because I've been watching ppl stream the game and the enemies literally just spawn and stand there waiting to be shot.