For ppl that graduated, do u feel like college was a waste of time?

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
College is cool too a certain extent but I feel there is too much much propaganda with college. When i was in High school the idea of me NOT going to college was never an option becuz of my parents, school counselor, college tours etc. I thought it was impossible to be successful without college unless u were doing sports, or entertainment. And i thought college was guarenteed success. Nobody told me I would face unemployment with a degree like i did.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
College was great. Got lots of ass, made tons of friends, and got a degree. Wish I could do it again and fukk even more bytches.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Another thing I hate, not about college in general but about some people who go there, is that you're spending all of your money and then thousands of dollars you dont have, to go take some classes. And despite this, nikkas dont ever put this knowledge to use. Instead of claiming about "man they making me take this BS class that I dont even need" use that knowledge you got in that class to do something else, in your spare time. If you went to school for 4,6,8 years, and you don't even remember 90% of the shyt you were taught then.... I dont really know what to say...Thats the true definition of throwing away money.

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
College is cool too a certain extent but I feel there is too much much propaganda with college. When i was in High school the idea of me NOT going to college was never an option becuz of my parents, school counselor, college tours etc. I thought it was impossible to be successful without college unless u were doing sports, or entertainment. And i thought college was guarenteed success. Nobody told me I would face unemployment with a degree like i did.
You have a degree? :upsetfavre:

:patrice:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Personally college was a waste of time for me, I earned my employment by basically volunteering/networking and building my resume without even needing a degree having one just made me feel more secure. The experiences I had in college kind of scarred me, so yeah I kind of regret it. I didn't leave with any debt though because I had a full ride scholarship.

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I've learned more in the year since I've graduated than in my 4 years combined

College (biz school) doesn't teach you shyt but how to be a good corporate slave.. And they charge you for that bullshyt!

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
It's a waste of time in the sense that I could have learned everything that's relevant to my job via Wikipedia or pirated PDFs for free instead of spending thousands to learn it at school, but without the credential, I would not have even gotten my job, so in that sense, it's worth what I paid for and more.