For ppl that graduated, do u feel like college was a waste of time?

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
whats ur thoughts on college? also ppl that never went or that's currently attending...feel free to share ur thoughts?

Mackronus

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hell no.

But mostly for the fukkery that was had. As far as the degree goes, my pops has a saying . . . "A bachelors degree is nothing if you have it, and everything if you don't." shyt's a stepping stone that you got to get over, and while you're doing it you should fukk bytches in plural and wild out as much as humanly possible.

And for all you nikkas lampooning the arts, I'm graduating with a degree in English this year and already got too much shyt lined up than I can deal with. This working shyt is exclusively about connections. fukk what you heard.

TheArchitect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Depends on what you went to College for. If you graduate with some bullshyt degree like Sociology you might end up regretting it especially if you took student loans.
Not necessarily....my mother got a masters in sociology and she's been working as a social worker ever since she got done...so I guess it's a combination of what degree u get and what connections you've made...

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
@DrX

If you went to college to get a degree...take this >>>> L

College is a place to make connections and a learn your career field.

Unfortunately...I was one of those who went to get a degree. :guilty:

Graduated with zero debt, though. :yes:

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
I'm not even working in the field I went to school for, and its not even remotely related.

Deetee

Notorious Lurker
Daps
Reppin
T.Dot
Not necessarily....my mother got a masters in sociology and she's been working as a social worker ever since she got done...so I guess it's a combination of what degree u get and what connections you've made...
Mostly about connections because these days the average person has a degree.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
No regrets. I would be a totally different person had I not pursued higher education.

Of course, what people don't understand is that Academics are probably the least important part about college. Living on your own and relying on YOURSELF for motivation to get tasks accomplished is an experience that will change your life. Plus, the friends you meet in college are more likely to be lifelong than the ones you meet anywhere else. College is the perfect spot between having all the decision making privileges of an adult without having any REAL adult responsibilities. I'm so glad I elected to leave home for school its not even funny :whew:

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
If you went to college and ended up in a cubicle with no real network, you wasted your time and money. How is the ultimate goal of higher learning an extra 10 grand a year doing a job someone with no GED could learn how to do.