Food of the Future????? Can It Be That Simple? Lets Discuss 'Soylent'

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
So I first heard about this Soylent shyte back end of September/August 2013... decided to pay it no attention as ignorance on the topic matter was rife & frankly IDGAF nor bother to research it thoroughly back then.........recently came across some interesting Blog reads & a couple food logs on people trialing this & apparently this Soylent stuff has also picked up some steam in main stream media & is dubbed to be the all for one type FOOD of the future...for those who value their time,energy & cooking skills (or rather lack off)...... For those of you interested or curious for that matter...here's a couple blog links:

CREATOR (How it started)

User Log (actual detailed Log/ testimonial/ break down review etc)

Another Loggers Experience

Food is the fossil fuel of human energy. It is an enormous market full of waste, regulation, and biased allocation with serious geo-political implications. And we're deeply dependent on it. In some countries people are dying of obesity, others starvation. In my own life I resented the time, money, and effort the purchase, preparation, consumption, and clean-up of food was consuming. I am pretty young, generally in good health, and remain physically and mentally active. I don't want to lose weight. I want to maintain it and spend less energy getting energy.
I hypothesized that the body doesn't need food itself, merely the chemicals and elements it contains. So, I resolved to embark on an experiment. What if I consumed only the raw ingredients the body uses for energy? Would I be healthier or do we need all the other stuff that's in traditional food? If it does work, what would it feel like to have a perfectly balanced diet? I just want to be in good health and spend as little time and money on food as possible.
I haven't eaten a bite of food in 30 days, and it's changed my life.

:ohhh: Apparently this stuff is suppose to go global in early 2014......man don't get me wrong I ain't got nothing against foods....but I'd love for this shyte to be full proof..imagine saving all that time, energy being productive elsewhere instead of having to worry about food, cooking prep work etc.

I'll probably try this out when it rolls out here in the UK... I won't make it a staple of my diet..still have regular foods but will probably split it 60-40 just to see if it really does make a different to the body i.e skin, energy levels, strength etc....:yeshrug:by the way fukk a liquid diet for life lol....I'm just jumping on the hype to see if it makes a difference for abit!

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Soylent green is made out of people.
1369929755226999_animate.gif

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I tried to do something like this. I got sick of it in about a week. They need a formulation that you won't get sick of. I think its also important to get some solid foods in too just for your digestive system. I would love to get like 1000 calories a day in just from this kind of shyt. Great for people bulking

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I noticed the billboards too. Anyone care to explain more about this? Any risks?

Don't bother, breh. I gave it a fair shake and was a huge fan of the idea. Its just too boring, and thats the downfall. It works as a single meal replacement, but not as your main food source. There is an inherent joy in eating foot that is lost.

I tried a different brand other than Soylent too, called Bertrand (from Europe). I actually like it better than Soylent and have been eating it for my pre-workout breakfast. Its got a better nutritional profile than other ready-to-drink shakes you can buy in a store. But its not worth going out of your way for. I won't be reordering it.

Soylent does have a pre-mixed version in a bottle now which interested me until I found out they used soy protein for it. No thanks. The science is not clear in relation to high soy protein intake and its effects on estrogen. I'm sure its fine, but I'm not going to be the guinea pig.

End Cruelty

Yuffie butter!
Daps
Reppin
Gaia
I remember this from vice. I Dont see how it would be good for anyone that actually works out.

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
I noticed the billboards too. Anyone care to explain more about this? Any risks?

Hospitals, nursing homes, and assisted living facilities BEEN doing this for select residents. The initial breaking in period will consist of you shytting non stop. Once you've adjusted you'll continue to have loose stools randomly.

That's if you decide to make the soylent program 100% of your diet. If I were to engage this I would have one meal a day of soft foods like seafood, fruits, rice, and beans.