Florida - Scientists prepare to release 750 million demonic mosquitoes

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
Florida residents in uproar as scientists prepare to release 750 million genetically modified mosquitoes

Jamie Johnson
Tue, April 27, 2021, 8:58 AM

Qlippoth_Augnagar.png

Mosquito - Joao Paulo Burini / Moment RF

Bugs, of every possible variety, are disgusting. On that, most can passionately agree. Down in the Florida Keys, however, there appears to be frustration among some residents regarding the launch of a genetically modified mosquitoes program aimed at eradicating certain insect-caused diseases.

In recent days, the Florida Keys Mosquito Control District and Oxitec Ltd announced location participation plans for the pilot project, marking the start of an EPA-approved effort at evaluating what Oxitec has described as the “safe, sustainable, and environmentally-friendly solution” to controlling the Aedes aegypti mosquito species.

Non-biting cozy male mosquitoes will emerge from the boxes and then mate with local biting female mosquitoes. The resulting female offspring won’t be able to survive, thus—as is the aim of the project—controlling the population of Aedes aegypti. And while that species makes up just four percent of the mosquito population in the Florida Keys region, it’s been determined to be responsible for “virtually all mosquito-borne diseases.” Among those transmitted by this species are dengue, Zika, HIV, and yellow fever.

Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media

trapnerd

All Star
Daps
I can just imagine some dude trying to argue down his lady talking about “I must have got HIV from a mosquito” “I love you I would never cheat on you”

:heh: