Flight attending goes from making $70,000 a year to :scusthov: a year.

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
She probably had her own dedicated line at her last job, meaning she had a guaranteed flight hour minimum. That 27k salary is because the trips she has now are only ones flight attendants with a line forfeited due to time off or she takes while being on standby at the airport due to callouts.

Either she switched airlines to go mainline for better pay/more benefits/opportunities, or went to a regional airline because the routes/aircraft are less demanding. In any case, its probably going to take years for her to get a dedicated line again where she is getting 72-80+ flight hours a month.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
I remember seeing this on my feed a few weeks back.
That is insane. And how does being a part-time flight attendant work? How do you work part time while also traveling state to state?
I think they are like reserve pilots. You get lines/flights that other FAs don’t want to work. You have to live within 3 hours of your airport and be able to fly within the same time at moments notice.

27K is not major airline FAs though. The big four (Delta, AA,SWA, and United) have huge work groups and unions are embedded. United might be different now though because they are shytty.

Flight attendants with SWA start at 17 and top out at 55 after 10 years. It’s true they don’t get paid until doors are closed and stop getting paid once they open but they do get a daily per diem for food.

You can give away your shifts but have to work a certain amount of hours per month to get full benefits.

I worked for Southwest for a year as a ground ops supervisor.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

1. NOT SURE WHY SHE LEFT
THE OLD JOB...

2. NOT SURE WHY SHES PUTTING
ALL OF HER BUSINESS OUT THERE

:devil: