Flight attending goes from making $70,000 a year to :scusthov: a year.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember seeing this on my feed a few weeks back.
That is insane. And how does being a part-time flight attendant work? How do you work part time while also traveling state to state?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
27K to risk your life is crazy

PThe last major fatal crash in the U.S. was in 2009 when a commuter plane en route from Newark, New Jersey, to Buffalo, New York, crashed just before landing. Pilot fatigue was considered a key factor in the wreck, which killed all 49 passengers and crew, plus one person on the ground.

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
I remember seeing this on my feed a few weeks back.
That is insane. And how does being a part-time flight attendant work? How do you work part time while also traveling state to state?

Delta in particular has a program called ready reserve; you can work x amount of hours per calendar year part time, and once you hit that number, you're done for the year. You get to keep your travel benefits if you work all the allotted hours before the calendar year is up. The clock resets January 1st.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
27k before taxes is worse than popeyes :huhldup:

she must be working like 12 hours a week or something

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
So she bullshtting?

nah
they only get paid for the time in the air, so while the hourly wage looks good you're not getting paid for layovers, for boarding etc. So say a flight leaves 10am you're at the airport at 8am waiting two hours = no pay, in the air for 3 hours example = 210 if at the max of 70 a hour (doubt she is). Then also remember you're not working 5 days a week and ish, maybe 3 shifts a week. Many flight attendants only get about 75 hours of hourly pay a month. They do not get paid for the hours they need to be at the airport or on the plane during boarding and deplaning."

So she's prob not bsing. That $27k/yr number is for flying the bare minimum of 75 ish hours a month.

Many flight attendants have other jobs, as a side gig its prob a great job to have, full time prob not so much unless you doing those international flights
."

Last edited:

skokiaan

African original
Daps
Reppin
One Africa
What happened in her old job ...anyway f uck all that...her body A1 whats her socials got a few hours she can pick over time.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I didn't watch but she can't be a full time flight attendant. I got a homegirl that's one for Delta and she make good paper. Probably as much as I do by now. She does international flights if that makes a difference