Flaked - Trailer (Netflix Series/Starring Will Arnett/March 11th)

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
besides the sunny locations it doesnt look like californication at all but i'll fukk with it.....got some cute pink toes in it. im guessing that one chick is his daughter or something, she's definitely the cutest :jawalrus:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Kinda reminds me of his Bojack character in the sense that he is struggling to be a better person and overcome his past.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ld: Don't know if I'll check it out. If I do it'll be at the end of my list :ld:
Fogle from Superbad looks :flabbynsick:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This is getting real bad reviews. 46 on metacritic :huhldup:

I'm a big fan of Will Arnett though. Why can't he find a good role? His shyt always gets cancelled or is poorly reviewed. He was so good in Arrested Development though. I might give it a one episode try.....maybe :patrice:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I added it to my list based on arnett alone...gob bluth, bojack, and Lego movie batman are all characters from him that I enjoy but I'm not expecting much from this.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I'll give it a try, but the lack of buzz and/or blog talk anywhere is a bit of a sign that it's not worth more than an ep or two

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
:deadmanny:

Togetherness is so astounding in its' Whiteness that even 'Friends' looks at it like "Goddamn :huhldup:"

It's funny, as TV is getting more "diverse", the whiter shows are doubling down on whiteness. Like, super upper-middle class in the gated part of a suburb white.

HBO's got 3 shows in the works about white chicks in their forties - one with Sarah Jessica Parker, one with Sarah Silverman, and another with Whitney Cummings.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
It's funny, as TV is getting more "diverse", the whiter shows are doubling down on whiteness. Like, super upper-middle class in the gated part of a suburb white.

HBO's got 3 shows in the works about white chicks in their forties - one with Sarah Jessica Parker, one with Sarah Silverman, and another with Whitney Cummings.

I get why their doing it - 'Diversity' in it's broadest form is basically 'any show not by or about middle aged, White men'. I guess they think those shows count.

Still :rudy:that they threw Steve McQueen's show in the bushes. The man has an Oscar and won the Turner Prize and they overspent on 'Vinyl' so they gave hi the boot :snoop:

Watching 'Togetherness' I feel like Patrice watching 'Fight Club' or listening to 'Creep' - like this is a level of Whiteness I wasn't meant to witness.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I get why their doing it - 'Diversity' in it's broadest form is basically 'any show not by or about middle aged, White men'. I guess they think those shows count.

Still :rudy:that they threw Steve McQueen's show in the bushes. The man has an Oscar and won the Turner Prize and they overspent on 'Vinyl' so they gave hi the boot :snoop:

Watching 'Togetherness' I feel like Patrice watching 'Fight Club' or listening to 'Creep' - like this is a level of Whiteness I wasn't meant to witness.

Fam, I don't watch any of those shows.

Married
Togetherness
You're the Worst
Casual
Girls
Man Seeking Woman
Love
The Affair

I don't care about the minutiae of upper to middle class married/single white people so I can't bring myself to care. I've seen enough of it in the last 5-10 years.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
:lolbron: My man Dan Fienberg's review says it all

"Maybe after Togetherness, Transparent and Netflix's own Love, you have a voracious appetite for insular portraits of wildly diverse Los Angeles' predominantly white neighborhood enclaves and you feel like the Westside has, thus far, been woefully overlooked. Maybe you enjoy a steady stream of jokes about the geographic boundaries between Venice and Mar Vista and Marina Del Rey and wish more sitcoms had punchlines about the different mindsets on each side of Lincoln Boulevard. Maybe awareness of the importance of kombucha and industrial art and paddle tennis in Venice culture will produce in-the-know giggles as they're repeatedly mentioned, generally with respect, onscreen."

I'm 6 minutes into the first ep and I doubt I'mma make it through.