The Beetle Got the Juice | The Domestic Box Office Thread | Sep. 6-8

Which Movie will Gross More this Weekend?

• Don't Worry Darling

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • The Woman King

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Mariohat.jpg
You’re really bringing up a proper animated movie for a gaming franchise that hasn’t been milked in cinema? :skip:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I’m bringing up a nostalgic, iconic franchise that’s spanned generations as a BIG factor in it garnering a billion at the box office, yes.
It was the first real Mario film tho. Not a cinema franchise that started back in the 80s and on its fifth movie, which was released at least a decade after the 4th.

Maybe I shoulda been more specific by saying cinema franchise. There’s only a small list that can do well in the BO today; Star Wars is one.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
We have had bombs galore in the first half of 2023.....but no mention of Harrison Ford race like they did the little Mermaid:mjpls:...They saying this Indiana Jones movie gonna lose them about 200 million dollars:huhldup:

I don't have much faith in Barbie or Oppenheimer....Like who on earth is Barbie for? and Oppenheimer doesn't seem to have the action that people want from a Nolan movie. We will see though.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Top Gun Maverick made over a billion last year.
There’s always an exception. Flash flopped with Keaton Batman in it. Godzilla/Kong flopped domestically (barely cracked half the budget. Can maybe be blamed on Covid.)

Indiana Jones flopping is a surprise. It’s action-adventure, which should bring in people.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't have much faith in Barbie or Oppenheimer....Like who on earth is Barbie for? and Oppenheimer doesn't seem to have the action that people want from a Nolan movie. We will see though.
Oppenheimer to me would have been better as limited tv series on apple tv:manny:and Barbie is really rely on margot robbie being a box office draw but as far as I know as she has not been show to be a box office draw:hubie:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
nobody wants to see Indiana Jones anymore, it amazes me how out of touch these producers can be

I knew this would be a flop the second I heard about it

This new gen has no type of attachment to Indiana Jones but I wish there was an action/adventure type franchise that kids could fukk with because they are always fun for the family type movies and we need those.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
ok, why is he acting like Tom Cruise and his movies ain't a draw still? Tom Cruise is probably the only real draw out there..
Because these execs are sticking to a formula that only works if you have a Tom Cruise but there aren’t any other Tom Cruises. They are stuck on formulas. There’s no more real creativity being supported.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
not saying it's the only reason TPM succeeded but we're underestimating the maga and middle america turn out that movie had.
you had old white people seeing that movie multiple times. people who didn't go to movies normally were seeing and felt like they were fighting against the "normal media"
we can't forget the DeSantis ad :lolbron:
jerry bruckhiemer actually talked about it in an interview
. I was in Kentucky for a funeral, and this woman comes up to me and said, “I work at this company and we have a contest of who can see Top Gun the most times. I’ve seen it 25.” And a young girl had come up to me and said, “My dad was suicidal and going to end his life. He saw Top Gun. It gave him hope.” You captivate an audience and you can change people’s lives.
which is why I'm curious if tom cruise gets the same turnout for MI7

I know I'm going to see it though As a MI fan

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We have had bombs galore in the first half of 2023.....but no mention of Harrison Ford race like they did the little Mermaid:mjpls:...They saying this Indiana Jones movie gonna lose them about 200 million dollars:huhldup:

Only thing Barbie has going for it is the humor. It's a potential meme factory depending on how effective it is.