Fitness Boxing - Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I still have it from game fly. I use it everyday. In addition to or sometimes just as my daily workout.

I might keep it after this month because if I decide to rent it for another month (per subscription rates) I might have well just went out and bought it from target.

13 different punches
  • Jab
  • Step in jab
  • Body jab
  • Left/right uppercut
  • Left/right body uppercut
  • Left/right hook
  • Left/right body hook
  • Straight
  • Body straight
8 different defensive motions
  • Duck
  • Left/right duck
  • Left/right weave
  • Sway back
  • Left/right block
They also teach you how to step left/right, forward/back.

The combo system starts light then progresses. Which is good, although if you're like me it kinda started out slow but once you hit the moves, it puts more on you and opens up more combos and stuff.

It's not just an open system where you can jump in and start doing anything and everything all at once. Which is good, gives you something to look forward to. It tracks and monitors workouts, calories and milestones which is good.

The only "achievements" are clothes for the trainers and songs, but there's something cool about hitting 5000 punches, 10000 punches and more. I'm not going to hit 100,000 punches before my game fly is up but i feel it'll be cool to do.

I use my own heart rate monitor as opposed to the games calorie calculator.

It varies when I started using it the game said I was burning about 20-30 more calories than my heart monitor that I wear on my chest (polar). The game said I had burned 210 but I had burned about 180. A few more weeks in and 10lbs lighter, and doing some of the more advanced combos..paying more attention to completing the movements to the best of my ability and not really caring whether the game acknowledges it or not...I burned 100 more calories than the game could acknowledge. So the game said I burned about 491 calories but my heart rate monitor had me at 601.

That's the most important part is completing the movements. There are times during complex combos where the game won't register a duck or a weave. And it's a little frustrating. You'll be doing a 7 hit combo then a weave won't register and you don't get the combo. There's basically a 3 star system beginning, proficient and advanced. You want to get 3 stars you have to do well, I believe it's over 90%. It's not that difficult to do, but when you're doing the combos and completing the movements then for an unknown reason you duck or weave but the game doesn't acknowledge it and because of that it says you missed the combo you start to wonder "what did/am I doing wrong" but the game is still continuing to instruct you to throw punches and perform moves, sometimes if you pause or stumble it creates a domino effect of you missing and moves and fukking up, and unfortunately there's no way to restart or rewind certain sections or portions of the workout.
Edit: I've noticed after a month of the game that it's not as finicky as I might have thought or possibly led others to believe. As I continue to do the workouts and exercises I've now consistently hit 97-99% on some of the workouts and exercises that I thought were finicky or that struggled with. For instance I got my ass kicked on side steps, for the life of me I always got like an 83%, Id hit the punches but it wouldn't register the side steps. I kept at it, monitored my form. And now I'm very good at side steps (3 stars, high 90 percentage). The game didnot change but I became better and more efficient at my movements.

:yeshrug: I can't tell you about the music or songs because the very first thing I did was go into settings and turn the music volume to 0. I don't like working out to music. And the instructions are good, if you listen to them. There will be times when you're tired (from working out) and you might throw a straight but you just throw your arm rather than put your body behind it, one of the trainer instructions is to "make sure you aren't just using your arms" when throwing a hook it'll say "make sure to twist your core" rather than just throw the arm and to "keep your elbows tight" on uppercuts and "keep your elbow at 90 degrees" on hooks. All very good tidbits to make sure your form isnt sloppy.

Theoretically you could just shadowbox, or you tube a Billy blanks tae bo tape but the game actually feeding you combos and you feeling the controller shake when you complete a punch, getting a score and hitting milestones like 15,000 punches thrown is inspiring and motivating in a way the other ways can't provide.

There are also workouts and goals you can set
  • Biceps
  • Chest
  • Core
  • Legs
  • Calves
  • Full body
For the goals. There's
  • cardio (weight loss)
  • Strength and conditioning
  • Maintenence
All in all if it goes lower than $40 and you actually like boxing and like working out. There's not really a reason to not have the game.

To me it's another tool in the toolbox. Between cycling, jumping rope, it's another way to add cardio in the mix and it's fun. Time flies. 45-50 mins goes by like :whew: I think because I'm focused on getting 3 stars and perfecting some combos, just when you get into it it's over then you gotta run it back. Which isn't bad, cause if you were outside playing ball you might play for and hour or 2 if you're having fun.

qxt4aw.jpg

dm4jno.jpg

vmu6vd.jpg

I've noticed the closer you get to a lower fitness age the more accurate the caloric burn on the game is. As long as you're current height and weight is accurate and you achieve whatever metric it uses to determine your fitness age then it should be pretty accurate.

I've had more than a few in the 18 to 20 range and they've been spot on with my heart monitor that I wear to track my workouts

1584isi.jpg

i1n1np.jpg

28kov8m.jpg

34rha84.jpg

b3v806.jpg

So it seems to be syncing up well. The game shows I worked out for the same amount of time as my heart rate monitor with very minimaI also difference.

Sorry for the expire pics. I'll find them and put them up.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So part 2 dropped.

Looked like ass. A bunch of new songs which is worthless to me because the first thing I did was turn the music off in the options menu.

There's new workouts and free dlc for no mercy mode which is a longer workout. It adds an extra set.

The dope part about part 2 is you can create your own workouts based on what you want to do or time or calorie goal.

For instance I know what my calories burned goal is and of course I use a polar heart rate monitor to make sure I hit my goal so I'll choose 3-4 workouts.

Before you could just do single workouts or a long one they automatically created.

I haven't had an issue with any of the inputs that people on other sites have had but then again I'm in good shape and my interest in boxing and fitness goes beyond this game.

People complain about the voices and the music and the backgrounds.....I can see where they are coming from but none of that shyt really matters if you are burning calories.

I can see where people complain about the inputs not registering when you throw a punch or walk, side step, dip, duck, squat etc. It sucks to actually put in work and it not get counted but as long as you actually throw the punch or do the movement you burn the calories.

I gamefly'd this one too then immediately bought it first day.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Sounds cool. But I stopped fukking with Nintendo completely several years ago due to their intentional limited supply of everything.

Can’t support that ho shyt. They are on my personal Do Not Buy list.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I have fit vr and the boxing game on their is also a good workout

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have fit vr and the boxing game on their is also a good workout

Ima give that a go in Sept.

I'm super hesitant because don't you have to have FB. I've never ever had one. My lady has one I guess I could use hers.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Ima give that a go in Sept.

I'm super hesitant because don't you have to have FB. I've never ever had one. My lady has one I guess I could use hers.
Yea. But I’ve always had fb so it wasn’t an issue. It doesn’t effect your experience in any way

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So do u recommend the 2nd one if u have the 1st already because i still get good use out of it. Dont really care bout the music

black crown

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The Boro
I copped it a few weeks ago off the strength of this tread. The workouts ain't no joke and they make it fun. Definitely worth the investment.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Bro you telling me they can't at least drop the price of the first one?

1 & 2 damn near cost the same :gucci: