Fired IGN editor: claims innocence, attacks Kotaku, more proof of plagiarism surfaces

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline

Highlights:
-He says what happened "was not intentional at all" and plays the victim
-He attacks Kotaku's Jason Schreier for saying he also copied the FIFA 18 review
-Undeniable proof comes out he also copied the FIFA 18 review and many more reviews

IGN to scrub Filip Miucin from site almost completely after even more plagiarism surfaces (READ OP)

Turns out: dude even stole his CV from a job site, word for word
te9t7t9ppxljktewccnz.jpg

:russ:

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Reviews are weird. I had a site up and it was great imo. Getting people to review was more of a challenge than anticipated. I had to realize (again) that things that come easy to me isn't easy for everyone else :yeshrug:

I still don't fully respect the "field" but I would if a place was limited in employees. You can't review enough games by yourself because there isn't enough time to play. No excuse for a place like ign. And like I said before, this is far from the first time I personally caught ign doing shyt like this. Hello Madden 64 :merchant:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reviews are weird. I had a site up and it was great imo. Getting people to review was more of a challenge than anticipated. I had to realize (again) that things that come easy to me isn't easy for everyone else :yeshrug:

I still don't fully respect the "field" but I would if a place was limited in employees. You can't review enough games by yourself because there isn't enough time to play. No excuse for a place like ign. And like I said before, this is far from the first time I personally caught ign doing shyt like this. Hello Madden 64 :merchant:

Sounds like the site was past tense. Why'd you give it up? Did it just end up being a hassle having people write for you?

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Sounds like the site was past tense. Why'd you give it up? Did it just end up being a hassle having people write for you?
I been flirting with starting up a review site for over a decade now, was committed to it and wanted to include this community. When it came time to create content the members of this community was focused on "well what are you gonna make". I was offering free games and as the business evolved I'd keep whoever actually put in the work. I had the support of a few companies with the biggest being Microsoft. So when it came time to deliver, every single poster here bullshytted. Dragged their feet, had me looking stupid out here. So I tried to scramble and do a bunch of reviews myself but I couldn't fill the site with enough content by the time of the first "review" from Microsoft. They told me to get back to them when I was ready.

I spent the next 6 month's getting the site up to the Standards I was aiming for, but finding competent co-workers is REALLY difficult. I figured that would be the easy part :francis: When I hit Microsoft back the number or email contact I had was no longer active. I decided to put the site on ice while I put my energy into a home based business. But, I hope to have the site back up by the end other year. It's part of my "yearly goal portfolio" so i will focus on that from September - December. And the reason I want to continue with it is because I know what I want from a review place and I don't get that from places like ign. I hope everyone else will appreciate what I'm trying to bring to the table :to:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I been flirting with starting up a review site for over a decade now, was committed to it and wanted to include this community. When it came time to create content the members of this community was focused on "well what are you gonna make". I was offering free games and as the business evolved I'd keep whoever actually put in the work. I had the support of a few companies with the biggest being Microsoft. So when it came time to deliver, every single poster here bullshytted. Dragged their feet, had me looking stupid out here. So I tried to scramble and do a bunch of reviews myself but I couldn't fill the site with enough content by the time of the first "review" from Microsoft. They told me to get back to them when I was ready.

I spent the next 6 month's getting the site up to the Standards I was aiming for, but finding competent co-workers is REALLY difficult. I figured that would be the easy part :francis: When I hit Microsoft back the number or email contact I had was no longer active. I decided to put the site on ice while I put my energy into a home based business. But, I hope to have the site back up by the end other year. It's part of my "yearly goal portfolio" so i will focus on that from September - December. And the reason I want to continue with it is because I know what I want from a review place and I don't get that from places like ign. I hope everyone else will appreciate what I'm trying to bring to the table :to:
Breh I know Phil would respond if this was the case. So why making the excuse? Hell he responds to my bullshyt and I don't have those kind of goals within the gaming sphere.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Breh I know Phil would respond if this was the case. So why making the excuse? Hell he responds to my bullshyt and I don't have those kind of goals within the gaming sphere.
I have Phil on my Twitter account but the moves I'm talking about predate Phil I believe. I contacted Microsoft (as well as many other companies) and they was really interested in what I had envisioned and gave me a number and a person to contact via email. Had dialogue. Once I came up short, I feel like they flaked on the idea because none of the contacts worked anymore. When I talked to a person eventually they had no idea of anything. That's when I fell back because that plus the lack of co-workers. But I always intended on giving it another go once I was ready... So, how do you talk to Phil? (Feel free to pm this info) people don't believe me but I chatted with Ted Leonsis (owner of AOL, wizards, caps) via Facebook a ton of times :manny: you'd think it would be harder to reach certain people

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
:wow:ah, ign!!
used to get all my dreamcast info from them back in the early 2000s.
have not been on it in over a decade.
are they still any good??

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I can dig that. Gaming media needs more representation from us anyway. I'm hopeful to hear that things pick up for you soon.

RoidJonesJr

Superstar
Daps
So far evidence of plagiarism has been found for the following:

I might have missed something here, but even so, very damning stuff.

EDIT: For posterity here's an archived version of Filip's infamous response to the allegations:

EDIT 2: Correcting link to Polygon's Bayonetta 2 review. I accidentally linked the Wii U review instead of the Switch one, which is the one Filip plagiarised.

EDIT 3: Added another example: Pokken Tournament DX review

EDIT 4: HAHAHA HE EVEN PLAGIARISED HIS RESUME OMG I'M DEAD

IGN to scrub Filip Miucin from site almost completely after even more plagiarism surfaces (READ OP)