FInal Fantasy 7 or 8?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
FF8 is my favorite game in the series up until they start dealing with space and time travel, then the game becomes wack af.

Superstar
Daps
FF8 is my favorite game in the series up until they start dealing with space and time travel, then the game becomes wack af.

:mjlol:
The trip to space, moving in zero gravity, bring the ship back to earth to fly around in, all that shyt had me so goddamn hyped. I’m grocery shopping with the space ship theme song in my head now.

The only part I didn’t like about the game was trying to beat the tonberry king/giant cactuar and the multiverse castle at the end.

Other than that the game was like every anime/sci-fi movie I loved all smashed together into a beautiful mess. I only love it more as I get older.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:
The trip to space, moving in zero gravity, bring the ship back to earth to fly around in, all that shyt had me so goddamn hyped. I’m grocery shopping with the space ship theme song in my head now.

The only part I didn’t like about the game was trying to beat the tonberry king/giant cactuar and the multiverse castle at the end.

Other than that the game was like every anime/sci-fi movie I loved all smashed together into a beautiful mess. I only love it more as I get older.

Traversing that prison in the desert was the worst part of the game.

Superstar
Daps
Traversing that prison in the desert was the worst part of the game.

Yeah trying to figure out what floor you’re on and set the self destruct with a good amount of time to beat the boss was stressful as a kid. Now I can breeze through it lol

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
FF8, personally is my fave final fantasty of all time, even though it may not be the best. I liked 7 a great deal when I finally got the Japanese translated, modded playstation setup to finally work consistently, but there was just something special about 8 from when I first played the demo that came with Brave Fencer Musashi (another top 10 rpg of mine).
The only game I can remember that took my time away from it was SaGa Frontier 2 and Star Ocean, two stellar games that were arguably better but FF8 just had a unique system and characters I really took to way more than I did with 7 and every other final fantasy after that.
Also, the ingame manual, while excessive, explained so much about the game I learnt about Junctioning, getting Gil and benefits from the sEEd system and such, but I can understand why people didn't want to 'study' it or even search it out.

Superstar
Daps
Brave Fencer Musashi

obi-wan-star-wars.gif

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
:blessed:
One of my Top 10 rpg experiences and Top 20 games played of all time.
If only the people involved with the first one got to make the second. :francis:
Up until that point I've never seen such a tone deaf attempt to capitalize on a sleeper hit with 'trendy' nonsense as they did with the second game. Mein Gott...​

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
VII is better, but VIII always has a place in my heart and I've probably beaten it way more than VII which is insane considering how many times I went through VII and VIII.

I can't even say anything about the criticisms, because they're justified. Junction system is poorly explained and then when you understand it you realize it's very poorly implemented and way too easy to abused, story goes to shyt after disc 2, party is 100% incompetent outside of Squall and you wonder why breh doesn't just take Selfie (somehow the only party member that doesn't make stupid choices) and just find a new group because the rest of his team are retards.

Still, I'll try my best to defend it and prefer to VII despite all the logic dictating otherwise.

I think KH was probably the best update to this game, because it took Squall away from his dumbass party and highlighted a lot of his best qualities. Even aged him up a bit which worked better for him.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been bumping the OST nonstop since I played this. Those songs with the Edea leit motif are amazing.:wow:
I just want to clarify I don't hate this game. It just has some really annoying mechanics but I do want to give it another playthrough where I just get OP as hell and break the game.:pachaha:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
VII is better, but VIII always has a place in my heart and I've probably beaten it way more than VII which is insane considering how many times I went through VII and VIII.

I can't even say anything about the criticisms, because they're justified. Junction system is poorly explained and then when you understand it you realize it's very poorly implemented and way too easy to abused, story goes to shyt after disc 2, party is 100% incompetent outside of Squall and you wonder why breh doesn't just take Selfie (somehow the only party member that doesn't make stupid choices) and just find a new group because the rest of his team are retards.

Still, I'll try my best to defend it and prefer to VII despite all the logic dictating otherwise.

I think KH was probably the best update to this game, because it took Squall away from his dumbass party and highlighted a lot of his best qualities. Even aged him up a bit which worked better for him.
His party is fine. Quistis/Selphie/Rinoa >>>>>>>>. FF8 actually had the best female cast.