FInal Fantasy 7 or 8?

Lay Z

Pro
Daps
Outside of 7, 6(or 3 for the snes) is probably the best outside of graphics. 4 and 5 were also decent. 10 for ps2 was also a pretty fun ride, though i dont care for how they did away with the world map. 12 was very different but not without its charm. Could have been done better imo especially with the tech they had to work with.

Havent played any after 12(im retired)so i cant speak on them.

But yeah i gotta agree 7 easily the best of the series and its not even close. 8 has its flaws but it is still worth playing.

Edit: 1,2, 3, and 9 are great too, 9 probably being best of this tier though there are aspects of it i didnt really care for. Lot of drawn out dialogue, boring side quests, and other little things that annoyed me.

Lay Z

Pro
Daps
Btw op if u like the ff series u should check out secret of mana and chrono trigger. They a little different though pretty much part of the same in game universe more or less. U can get lost for hours at a time in any of these games.

Lay Z

Pro
Daps
12 is the best final fantasy after PSX era
12 was a great game in its own right, my only really issue was the battle system. For optimum efficiency we basically have to set the battles on autopilot. It was still fun and very innovative, but it just aint the same. Dont get me wrong it still took a lot of strategizing to program ur party, but it aint the same as fighting it out in real time. It was still a great game, and not a bad little system, but it should have probably been its own series, like SOM. Just my opinion.

Lay Z

Pro
Daps
OP, there are also a lot of great ff7 mods worth checking out especially if u like the original. But definitely play the OG first.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
12 was a great game in its own right, my only really issue was the battle system. For optimum efficiency we basically have to set the battles on autopilot. It was still fun and very innovative, but it just aint the same. Dont get me wrong it still took a lot of strategizing to program ur party, but it aint the same as fighting it out in real time. It was still a great game, and not a bad little system, but it should have probably been its own series, like SOM. Just my opinion.

I wish it was too so we could get Yasumi Matsuno games on the regular.

Ivalice should just be like its own series

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol some of y’all weren’t lying, FF8 was highkey kind of garbage. :mjlol:
The whole junctioning and having to play that card game and drawing cards from enemies during battle was annoying as fukk. Everytime I tried to sit down and play it, that bullshyt would completely turn me off.:scust:

7 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 8

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
8 was my first final fantasy so naturally it’s one of my favorites but even I admit it’s story is pretty bad after the first act and you can break the game in the 1st disc.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I personally liked Final Fantasy 8's crew better its just the gameplay is a broken.

I get it though 7 was a lot of dudes first RPG so the nostalgia is there.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just dropping my to reiterate that 8 is fukking ass.

Ass characters

Ass battle system

Ass story

Rename that bytch to Final Fantasy Ass

Easily the ugly duckling of the PS1 era of Final Fantasy

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol some of y’all weren’t lying, FF8 was highkey kind of garbage. :mjlol:
The whole junctioning and having to play that card game and drawing cards from enemies during battle was annoying as fukk. Everytime I tried to sit down and play it, that bullshyt would completely turn me off.:scust:

7 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 8
You know...I kind of want to give 8 a chance again. But it's going to have to be when I'm settled down and have completed all the major releases in the next several months and whatever is in my backlog(Spider-Man 2, FFVII Rebirth, Cyberpunk, FFVII Remake NG+etc.)

The game is hella confusing and shyt so I need to dedicate my time to it so I need to have any other games in my backlog complete.:beli:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
You know...I kind of want to give 8 a chance again. But it's going to have to be when I'm settled down and have completed all the major releases in the next several months and whatever is in my backlog(Spider-Man 2, FFVII Rebirth, Cyberpunk, FFVII Remake NG+etc.)

The game is hella confusing and shyt so I need to dedicate my time to it so I need to have any other games in my backlog complete.:beli:
you trying to atone from some sins breh?

you think replaying it will clense you?

that'd be t he only reason you'd revisit that trash