FInal Fantasy 7 or 8?

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been meaning to play 7 for the first time after playing the Remake back in June. I liked the game but tbh I didn't really understand wtf was going on cause it seems like the story was really made for the people that played the OG. :mjlol:

People swear 7 is a GOAT tier so I kind of want to experience it but those graphics man.:scusthov: The remastered version of 8 looks nice but I hear people say the game isn't as good as 7. Which one do ya'll recommend I play first?:patrice:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
8 is bad. Play 4,6,7,9,10, Tactics
Nah, 8 is very unique, I'd play it just to experience how experimental and wacky it can get. Plus the soundtrack is god tier, arguably the best in the series.

*After you play 7 that is. The og is on another level if you can get past the bad localization.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
both are fine :unimpressed: 7 OG is high key overrated like hell but its still really good. never felt the GOAT talk for that game even when it dropped.

and don't worry about remake not making sense - its meant to have loose ends all over the place :mjlol:

8's remaster is low effort as fukk tbh but its solid flaws and all:manny:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
8 is my favorite by a country mile. It's wild how polarizing it is. It's almost trendy to shyt on it. I personally loved everything about it, though the one gripe I will concede is that the story is needlessly convoluted at times, but a lot of these Japanese fantasy narratives are.

Squall >> Cloud.

Last edited:

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
8 is trash when it came out everybody beat it and went back to playing/talking about 7 again I never seen hype for a game die out so fast

5, 6, 7, 9 are the GOATS