Final Fantasy 14 Players Organize In-Game Funeral for Friend

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I don't play the game but I thought this was dope.

Final Fantasy 14 players come together and host a funeral march in-game in honor of another player and friend who passed away.

It's impossible to throw a rock and not hit a part of the gaming industry currently affected to some degree by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. From E3's cancellation to some areas having to break Final Fantasy 7's street date before it released, it is a real situation affecting real companies and people. Unfortunately, that's something many often ignore, but that's not the case for Final Fantasy 14 players.

Recently, a player lost their battle against COVID-19, succumbing to the illness. In Final Fantasy 14, this player was known as Ferne Le'roy on Zalera servers and Poppy Rose on Coeurl servers. Friends, in response, organized a funeral and memorial march for the player in the game. This Guardian Tree funeral march involved the oldest arbor in the Black Shroud, involving the titular tree that bore fruit resembling a plum and highly sought for its ability to cure.

Organized by friends, this funeral march would grow and be joined by hundreds of Final Fantasy 14 players, a bittersweet sendoff befitting both the player in-game and real word. If nothing else, this funeral march speaks to the strength of its community in such a trying time. This is something perpetuated by the developer as well, as FF14 evictions have also been suspended in game, prior to this.

Sadly, Ferne Le'Roy/Poppy Rose in just one of many people around the world to lose their life to the coronavirus, and that includes others in the gaming community as well. Star Fox 64 and Team Fortress voice actor Rick May recently passed away as well, joining the thousands of death worldwide as a result of the pandemic. There will likely be even more before it gets better, but coming together in times such as these is something games can do. It is the unique bonding power that video games carry.

Even now, developers, gamers, and all those involved in the industry are doing just that: coming together. Several publishers and developers are enacting intiatives to help gamers stay home during such a time, such as Sony's "Play at Home" Initiative that is giving away two major PS4 games right now. Hopefully, this can all do its part in flattening the curve and ending this pandemic. Until then, our condolences to the friends and family of Ferne Le'Roy/Puppy Rose.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I don't play the game but I thought this was dope.

Final Fantasy 14 players come together and host a funeral march in-game in honor of another player and friend who passed away.

It's impossible to throw a rock and not hit a part of the gaming industry currently affected to some degree by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. From E3's cancellation to some areas having to break Final Fantasy 7's street date before it released, it is a real situation affecting real companies and people. Unfortunately, that's something many often ignore, but that's not the case for Final Fantasy 14 players.

Recently, a player lost their battle against COVID-19, succumbing to the illness. In Final Fantasy 14, this player was known as Ferne Le'roy on Zalera servers and Poppy Rose on Coeurl servers. Friends, in response, organized a funeral and memorial march for the player in the game. This Guardian Tree funeral march involved the oldest arbor in the Black Shroud, involving the titular tree that bore fruit resembling a plum and highly sought for its ability to cure.

Organized by friends, this funeral march would grow and be joined by hundreds of Final Fantasy 14 players, a bittersweet sendoff befitting both the player in-game and real word. If nothing else, this funeral march speaks to the strength of its community in such a trying time. This is something perpetuated by the developer as well, as FF14 evictions have also been suspended in game, prior to this.

Sadly, Ferne Le'Roy/Poppy Rose in just one of many people around the world to lose their life to the coronavirus, and that includes others in the gaming community as well. Star Fox 64 and Team Fortress voice actor Rick May recently passed away as well, joining the thousands of death worldwide as a result of the pandemic. There will likely be even more before it gets better, but coming together in times such as these is something games can do. It is the unique bonding power that video games carry.

Even now, developers, gamers, and all those involved in the industry are doing just that: coming together. Several publishers and developers are enacting intiatives to help gamers stay home during such a time, such as Sony's "Play at Home" Initiative that is giving away two major PS4 games right now. Hopefully, this can all do its part in flattening the curve and ending this pandemic. Until then, our condolences to the friends and family of Ferne Le'Roy/Puppy Rose.

It's cool i guess but it doesn't compare to what I've seen this community do when one of our own kick the bucket. Give yourselves a hand coli :myman:
That’s dope and cool that people respected it. What happened at that world of warcraft one was some of the most low down bullshyt ever lol.
What happened

Superstar
Daps
It's cool i guess but it doesn't compare to what I've seen this community do when one of our own kick the bucket. Give yourselves a hand coli :myman:

What happened

I can’t remember the details but some guild lost a member to cancer. They planned and broadcast a funeral on one of those servers where anybody can attack anybody. A rival guild mobbed on them during the broadcasted ceremony and they were merciless. They couldn’t really defend themselves and running didn’t help because they were outnumbered and surrounded.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
I can’t remember the details but some guild lost a member to cancer. They planned and broadcast a funeral on one of those servers where anybody can attack anybody. A rival guild mobbed on them during the broadcasted ceremony and they were merciless. They couldn’t really defend themselves and running didn’t help because they were outnumbered and surrounded.
:russ: that's some South Park shyt

SmallWars

Superstar
Daps
The WoW funeral is classic. WoW was my highschool years, fukk respect, when the ops was lacking you squad up and gank. :blessed: